Chapter 5: Rage! Fire and Thunder

Hey, guys. Now I noticed that the previous chapters are not GaaSaku related. I just don't want to escalate to the part where they meet again. I want to make sure that their friendship develops and grow nicely as time progresses. Be patient, I'm working on it. Anyways, please read & review! :)

After the latest events that occurred in searching for Sasuke and the incident with Team 10, the tragic deaths of Asuma-sensei and Jiraiya-sensei. Most of all, Pain's destruction. Tobi lies in wait for the dark-haired ninja while he was heading for the leaf village.

"Hey, Sasuke," he called out.

Sasuke and the rest of Team Hawk stopped in front of him in puzzlement and confusion.

"His chakra came out of nowhere. What the hell?" Karin questioned suspiciously.

"Shit. Bad timing," Suigetsu remarked.

"How did you know where I was?" Sasuke asked the masked man.

"Don't underestimate me. It's within my powers," Tobi answered.

"What do you want with me now? Team Hawk is no longer part of the Akatsuki. We have no further use of you," Sasuke declared in annoyance.

"I said I'd have to kill you if you betrayed the Akatsuki and you broke your promise to me," Tobi reminded.

"What are you talking about?" Sasuke questioned confusedly.

"The Eight-Tailed Beast," Tobi mentioned.

"But we found and brought him to you!" Karin reasoned out in frustration.

"It was a fake. In other words, you all failed," Tobi said and continued on. "The Eight-Tailed Beast pulled one over on you. I'm really disappointed in you guys."

"So what do you want us to do about it?! It's not our business anymore!" Suigetsu noted.

"No, you will finish your last job as part of Akatsuki. But I don't care about him anymore. There's something else I want you to do," Tobi instructed.

"What if I said no?" Sasuke asked dully.

"Then you'll have to fight me to get to the leaf village. I won't let you pass," Tobi stated.

"I'll force my way through, then," Sasuke uttered as he began to charge and attack him with his Chidori technique.

"It's a little late to go to the leaf village now. Your goal is useless. Too bad," Tobi remarked lightly after missing his strike.

"What do you mean?" Sasuke questioned curiously.

"The leaf village no longer exists," Tobi announced.

"What?!" Karin's eyes narrowed in shock.

At the same time, a huge plant rose out of the tree branch. "I'll explain."

"Who's that?!" Karin asked out loud.

"Calm down. He's with me," Tobi reminded and asks his friend beside him. "So who's the new Hokage?"

"Some guy named Danzo," the white-Zetsu said smiling.

"I thought as much," Tobi said surprisingly.

"Danzo is Hokage...?" Sasuke repeated in disbelief.

"That's right. He's one of the elders who drove your brother to do what he did. And now, he's the new Hokage," Tobi explained.

"What the hell happened in the leaf village...?" Sasuke asked softly. His eyes were starting to desolate, but he managed to spoke out firmly.