Chapter 14: Chaos

Please read & review!

"We're heading back to our village now. Kakashi Hatake, the sand will act on the assumption that you are the Hokage. I pray that there won't be any miscommunication," Temari said hopefully.

"Roger that," he replied.

The red-haired Kazekage slowly turns his back around and muttered quietly. "I think of you as a friend, Naruto... I used to think 'friend' was just another word. Nothing more, nothing less. But when I met you, I realized that the only thing that is important was the word's meaning. Think about its meaning and what you are trying to do for Sasuke."

"Let's go," Kankuro informed beside him as the three of them hopped out of the sight and left as soon as possible.

"Naruto..." Yamato called gently.

Kakashi gestured his left arm out, saying. "We have to let him figure out the answer himself."

"So what should we do now? I think our first priority should be getting back to the leaf village and telling everyone in the summit. But there's Sakura to think about too..." Yamato explained in concern.

"I'll be with Sakura. I won't let her get near Sasuke, so just rest easy," Sai promised.

"But we still need to go after her and convince her to turn back, Although...." Kakashi trailed off of his words when he remembers Gaara's words to them.

On the other hand, Kankuro and Temari were following behind their younger brother while they were traveling off into the winter forest and were still trying to figure out what his plan is. They remained silent for a couple of minutes until one of them spoke out.

"You're still worried about her...?" The purple-faced ninja guessed.

"Look, Gaara. If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know right away," the pony-tailed haired kunoichi offered softly.

The red-haired Kazekage didn't bother to look back at them directly. But he pointed out determinedly, saying. "Trust me..."

Kankuro and Temari was staring at him and decided to understand his decision. "Right."

In the meantime, the battle between Sasuke and Danzo at the Bridge was about to end where Karin was taken hostage and used as a sacrifice instead of being protected. From there, she was merely stabbed in order to pierce Danzo's heart.

"Sasuke... Is this all I am to you?" The red-haired kunoichi stood frozen in trauma while looking at him.

"Karin. You're nothing but a burden to me if you are just taken hostage," the dark-haired ninja said smirking cruelly in delight.

Then, Danzo shoved Karin off onto the ground as he started coughing up blood out of his mouth and quickly ran. But Tobi had jumped down to prevent him from escaping.

"Shishui's eye is mine now," he declared.

Although, the old man took off his white robe and cried out in desperation. "For the world of ninjas, for the leaf village, I cannot let you live!!"

"What?! This is a Reverse Four Symbols Seal!" Madara pointed out in surprise and instructed. "Sasuke! Get away from Danzo!!"

Both of them suddenly watched him transform into a huge dark sphere that was expanding in a great length and exploded into pieces.

Meanwhile, the pink-haired kunoichi and the rest of her leaf squad members were traveling through the forest to hunt down their long time friend.

"Uhh, Sakura?" Lee asked.

"What?" Her voice raised out boldly.

"Don't you think you should tell Naruto the truth?" Lee suggested.

"There's no way I could tell him. I just can't..." the pink-haired kunoichi stated.

"Sakura. You've underestimated Naruto..." Kiba remarked sternly until he sensed a familiar smell coming from a couple of blocks away and said out loud in confidence. "I've found Sasuke and that Tobi guy is with him, too."

"Everyone, stop!" Sakura commanded as they all halted.

"What? Why are we stopping? We already agreed on our formation!" Kiba pointed out.

"Kiba. Exactly, how far away is Sasuke?" The pink-haired kunoichi asked.

"Well, he's straight north, 2 o'clock. About 1 km ahead of us," Kiba answered thoughtfully.

"Guys, I'm sorry..." Sakura muttered as she quickly raised up her hand to knock them out unconsciously. However, she was stopped by Sai.

"I knew it. So you were going to put us into sleep with this..." he said emotionless.

"Sai...!" Sakura exclaimed.

"What?!" Kiba questioned in confusion.

"What's going on?" Lee asked blankly.

"Looks like Sakura wanted to take care of Sasuke on her own," Sai guessed correctly.

"Alone...? But why?" Kiba asked.

"Yeah. You promised we'd do it together!" Lee pointed out.

"I won't let anyone past," Sai said firmly.

"Why not?!" Sakura got aggravated as she quickly glanced at him.

"I knew this guy was shady!" Kiba gasped in shock.

"There's no way we can beat Sasuke or Tobi. I promised Kakashi-sensei I wouldn't let you go," he informed.

"Sai... I'm only going to say this once. Get out of my way!" Sakura threatened when she started to adjust her fighting gloves, ready to pummel him.

"No. I won't let you do this," Sai gestured his arm out to perform his art technique using his paintbrush and a white scroll.

"He's going to tie us up with snakes," Lee said observantly.

"I understand Kakashi-sensei's point of view, but we can't let Sasuke run loose any longer. I'll handle this," Kiba smirked coolly and noticed that Akamaru was whimpering in fear. "The hell? Don't chicken out on me!"

"Apparently, your dog is smarter than you," Sai said offensively.

"Claim it!" Kiba dared vehemently.

"Let's go, Lee!" Sakura said beside him.

"Right, Hiiya!!" He exclaimed out loud as he diverged over to attack Sai, who began to notice three unexpected balls lying on the ground, much to their alarm.

"Oh no!" He yelled out as everything had exploded into puff of smoke, which eventually made them fall asleep.

"Sorry, everyone..." the pink-haired kunoichi said strictly in mind.

"She took out Kiba and Lee and... meh...." Sai groaned dizzily.

"Arf-arf...." Akamaru barked softly and drools quickly onto the ground.

On the other hand, the clone of Sai had informed Kakashi that Sakura had knocked them out and urged him to find her before she was about to reach Sasuke. He vanished away, much to Kakashi's impressiveness.

"Not bad, Sakura..." he said dully and continuously kept running in a fast pace without stopping.

Concurrently, the pink-haired kunoichi did not bother to look back at her teammates since she has a goal in her mind.

And her goal in mind is to confront Sasuke.