Chapter 12: Kazekage's Thoughts

Hey, guys. This chapter contains some flashbacks and recent ones about Gaara and Sakura. Mainly, it focuses on Gaara's perspective. Anyway, please read & review!

While the rest of the shinobi and samurai headquarters were moving at a quick pace to inform the others, Kankuro and Temari stood behind the cracked wall far back in the corner of the room as they began to discuss quietly about the rumors of Sakura and her friends attempting to confront Sasuke. Although, they were both unsure that the pink-haired kunoichi would not do such drastic changes in a plan to kill him. After all, her feelings hasn't changed, and that is what they were very concerned of.

"Oh, jeez. Kankuro... I'm hoping that those things are not closer to the truth," Temari whispered in a hush tone of irritation.

"What do you mean? Tem, that is what the others have told me. You can go on ahead and ask Sai yourself," Kankuro clenched his teeth annoyingly in a hiss.

"Ugh. Seriously? Honestly, that guy couldn't keep his mouth shut. Even so, he has also told Sakura that Naruto is in love with her. Can you believe that?" Temari murmured as she shook her head in disbelief.

"No shit. It wasn't a surprise at all because you can tell that Naruto's a little bit obvious about his feelings, no matter how lowkey he gets. I mean, him and Sakura are very close to each other and almost as best of friends," the purple-faced ninja stated.

"Hm... How much perilous move is she going to make? I'm telling you right now if none of us are going to be there to stop her, then who else will?" The pony-tailed haired kunoichi asked logically with a stern look on her face.

"Naruto will! Okay, there's no need to worry so much about it. Trust me, that guy knows what he's doing and besides, this is Team 7's problem. We cannot let ourselves get involved in their situation. Otherwise, things will get worse than you think. What I'm saying right now is that we can only help them," Kankuro explained quietly.

"Alright. In what way?" Temari questioned further for a better answer.

"It depends on the situation. Either way, we can still watch over them using one of my miniature spy puppets," the purple-faced ninja shrugged off with his lips thinned neutrally.

"If all else fails?" The pony-tailed haired kunoichi urged him to say the evident solution.

"Then, we fight," Kankuro concluded with a smirk.

"Right," Temari said determinedly with a nod.

"But remember, it's best not to underestimate the Uchiha since he has gone through some experiences and training," the purple-faced ninja pointed out.

"Of course not... Sasuke is very ambitious now, compared to what he was in the past..." the pony-tailed haired kunoichi muttered sadly at that thought.

"Well, people changed, do they?" Kankuro said rhetorically.

"Hmm. We are lucky, you know that. Without Sakura and Naruto being there for Gaara, he would still be the same as he was before," Temari sighed tiredly.

"That's the thing about friendship. We look out for one another, we fight for one another, and we protect one another. But Tem... What if it's more than that? We both know what Sakura's true feelings are, right?" Kankuro asked curiously.

"Assuming that we do, yes... Gaara already knows that she's in love with Sasuke. These things are so complicated like my brain is starting to melt," Temari shook her head as she groaned.

"Yeah. You know what, I'm also not surprised that our little brother already has a girlfriend, given the fact that we had a conversation about that girl Katsumi... She's not what he thinks she is," the purple-faced ninja commented.