Chapter 20: Preparation for War

This is a short chapter and a preview of the next story.

Please read & review! :)

"The war council will now begin," the elderly woman announced out loud that her voice had echoed throughout the entire room. She continued on, saying. "First, we must secure provisions and ninja tools. Ninjas will be divided into a war division and a support division. We will then determine how best to break down the war division into teams. Bring me a list of all the ninjas."

"War, eh...? So they're finally making a move," Shikamaru stated quietly.

"You may have been called to the war council, but you're still young. Make sure you listen well," his father replied beside him.

"Yeah, I know. I'll use all my brain-power on this one!" Shikamaru said.

Meanwhile somewhere around the deserted area of the buildings lies the familiar enemy that is about to bring chaos to the shinobi. The black-hooded figure was standing on top of the cave with his glasses on and a different pair of snake eyes that is filled with wickedness.

"I came to say, 'hello, Tobi' or are you going Madara now?" He asked in curiosity.

"I'm surprised you found me," the masked man said.

"I travelled from land to land as a spy and I was even part of the Akatsuki. For a while, don't underestimate how much I know," Kabuto pointed out.

"You... were one of Sasori's spies. You betrayed Akatsuki," Madara remarked.

Until Kabuto began to perform his own technique that releases four dead bodies from their coffins, Madara couldn't believe his eyes when he was impressed with his jutsu.

They were resurrected after they were all killed by their enemies. Luckily for them, they will eventually bring power and destruction to the world.

"This is a special performance just for you, so you will believe in my strength," Kabuto said smirking maliciously. "But don't worry, I haven't come here to fight with you."

"Then what do you want?" Madara asked.

"I want to join forces with you," Kabuto noted.

As soon as he explained his own offering, Madara had agreed to his terms and conditions that they will both have to follow.

Knowingly, the war will definitely become a life and death battle between the shinobi and the Akatsuki.