Chapter Five: Special Ability

I decided to ask Feitan for some help. I've seen his collection of weapons. He has everything from swords and knives to maces and medieval torture devices.

"I want to be able to focus my Nen into throwing knives to help them hit their mark. Is that possible?" I ask the short man while he browses his displays proudly.

"Should be possible," he muses. He picks up an onyx black throwing knife and lightly balances his finger on the tip, drawing a small droplet of blood.

"Could you teach me to throw the knives as well?" I feel heat creep onto my face. From the time Chrollo explained my Nen to me I've had this idea in my mind, the only problem is I've never wielded a weapon in my life.

       "No problem," his grey eyes glisten with the joy of a small child. He collects two sets of throwing knives and a few big hunting knives. He almost makes it to the door before turning back around and grabbing two swords and a gun. "I had idea." A rare moment occurs where I can see his smile from behind the bandana he's always wearing.

       We make our way back to the underground training room. He pulls out a couple targets from a storage closet tucked away in a back corner. We begin with the basics like the correct stance and how to hold the knife. Once I have the stance down we work on throwing techniques.

       "Hey guys!" Shalnark shouts from the doorway startling me. I end up letting the knife go on the back swing and I hear it clatter to the floor behind me. "Sorry Y/N." He smiles and rubs the back of his head.

      "Keep working," Feitan says in a gruff manner. "Be back." He walks towards Shalnark and places his blades in the blonds hands.

       "So did you figure out what you want to do?" Shal takes up the vacant spot next to me and throws a knife straight to the bullseye.

       I give him the basic run down I'm thinking of and he listens intently, taking a seat on the floor.

       "So you want to use Shu and encase the blades in Nen," he points out. "You know, we could work on manipulation so that you can send out more than one blade at a time."

       "You mean like that one girl from that one show we watched?"

       "Erza from Fairy Tail," he shakes his head and laughs at me.

       I puff out my cheeks. "You and Feitan have started me on so many shows it's hard to remember all the names and characters."

       He laughs some more. "I think we are both just excited that someone finally wants to watch anime with us. We've tried to get just about everyone in the troupe to watch at least one show with us, but they always say no. The only one who occasionally watches with us is Phinks, but he doesn't pay attention."

       "The shows are interesting," I smile. "I like them though. So do you think you can help me with that?"

       "Of course!"

       For the next two weeks Feitan and Shalnark help me work on mastering my Nen techniques. Chrollo has only asked for an update twice and hasn't bothered checking in on any of our training sessions.

       "So what do you want to call this skill?" Shalnark asks. His eyes are glued to the seven knives forming a partial circle slightly behind me.

       "I'm not sure." Even though I'm not touching the weapons I can still feel them. They're extensions of my aura. My Nen coats the blades through a combination of Shu and emission. I keep them afloat through a manipulation technique. I lock my eyes on the center of the target and envision all seven blades piercing the red dot. I feel the blades lean forward, tips pointed at the bullseye and with a slight flick of my extended wrist all seven knives fly out, hitting the target with perfect accuracy.