Chapter Ten: The King

A/N: Kind of sort of lemon at one point. Fair warning. Nothing overtly explicit (for the time being) Also there is definitely some more violence in this one.
Edit: If you're reading through this after getting a notification I forgot to proof read before publishing. Nothing has changed. I'm sorry 😐

       Screams echo down the hallways of the palace. They mix with the pops of gunshots and laughter from a few members of the troupe. The whole atmosphere sends shivers up and down my spine and makes me green with envy.

"They haven't had a chance to let loose in a while," Chrollo laughs. With our arms looped together, he escorts me down the hall like a true prince. "So this is where you grew up? It's exactly how I pictured it." He stops in front of a portrait decorating the left wall on the way to the throne room. "I'd know your smile anywhere." He reaches out and gently touches the face of my three year old self.

I look at the way his mouth curves upward and his eyes soften. "This was the only day that my father acknowledged me as his daughter and not just a girl he was burdened with marrying off. He took me and brothers riding and let me sit with him on his horse. There's a vast field behind the palace with a small pond. We had a picnic and chased butterflies. We stayed out until the stars were blanketing the sky and my father helped me catch fireflies. The next day, I went to sit on his lap in the throne room, the way I sat on his lap by the water and he threw me to the ground." I take my dagger and raise it to the painting, quickly slashing it over his face, my hand shaking all the while.

       Chrollo wraps his long fingers around my hand, lowering it and the blade. He gently takes it from my grip and sheaths it for me. Once the weapon is away, he snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him before positioning me between him and the wall.

       Looking into his grey eyes I see hunger and passion swirling in the way he stares at me. His voice drops to a low, husky growl. "You are always welcome to sit in my lap." His teeth nip at my ear, then my neck as his hands slide down my back settling in a forceful grip at my hips. "And if you end up on the floor, I'll be right there with you."

       My body temperature rises and there's a strange tingly sensation between my thighs. How do his words have this much of an effect on me?

       "Chrollo...," my voice is airy and my breathing is quick. I lock my fingers behind his neck and crash my lips into his, desperately wanting him. Every. Part. Of. Him.

       He moans against my kiss and grinds his hips into mine. Before I know it his arms are under my thighs and my feet are no longer on the ground. My body aches to be closer to his.

       He pulls out of the kiss but keeps his forehead against mine. "I can't control myself around you. You are my favorite treasure and I want to cherish you and break you all at the same time."

       "Break me?" My eyebrows knit together at his odd confession.

       He slides one hand between my legs, pressing against the place where I'm uncontrollably throbbing. "Break you."

       I'm still not entirely sure what he means but my body craves to be broken by this man. He places my feet back on the ground, keeping one hand on my lower back to steady me out while my weak knees regain their strength.

       "Once we finish in there, we will finish what we started out here," he crookedly grins. He regains his usual composure and holds out his arm once again.

       Before us stands the fifteen foot tall doors to the throne room, the dead bodies of at least twenty guards and half of the troupe. Shalnark plucks his antenna from one of the soldiers while Feitan stabs a few of the bodies for "good measure." Nobungaga and Uvo are high-fiving while also arguing over who killed the most men. Shizuku is using Blinky to clear away the corpses and Machi is adjusting her pincushion. I guess the other six are still out seeking victims.