Chapter Six: Road to Ash

~ Chrollo's Point of View ~

Machi comes down the stairs alone with a scheming look on her face. The moment she reaches the bottom of the grand staircase and makes her way into the living room another set of footsteps echoes on the steps.

       If there were movie moments in real life, this would be one. I swear time stops when I see Y/N making her way down towards me and the troupe, unfortunately for me she's been getting along well the whole troupe. Uvogin and Phinks start whistling and soon Shalnark and surprising Feitan join in.

       "Your highness," Hisoka sweeps in and takes her hand, escorting her to the center of the room where he has her twirl around the tip of his finger.

       I consider telling them to stop, but then I might come off as jealous. I could join in, but that's too out of character for me.

Damn, she's beautiful.

       "Hey boss," Hisoka hisses. "Doesn't Y/N look like prettiest gem in the mines?"

       I bite my tongue and restrain myself from punching him in the face. Of course I already know that. She's my favorite treasure after all.

~ Reader's Point of View ~

       Once everyone calms down from my unintentional grand entrance Chrollo begins the meeting. About half way through he asks me to give a run down of the walls around Ash and the palace.

      "All I ask is we keep civilian casualties to a
minimum, but palace staff and guards along with nobles and royalty are fair game," I finish giving the general lay of our planned route. I'm surprised at how easily I can give instructions to slaughter those that I've known my whole life.

For a few nights I thought long and hard about if there was someone I would like to spare, but no one stuck out. The guards never spoke a word to me, even when one of my suitors was physically beating me and I cried out for help. The staff would only tend to the wounds but they never asked if I was alright. There isn't a kind face in the palace, at least not for me.

       "What if they get in the way?" Feitan asks.

Fei's question brings me back to reality.

       Chrollo looks at me. "If they try to stop us then deal with them how you see fit. Y/N is completely aware that there will be blood spilled of people not involved, just don't go out of your way to make that happen."

With that everyone made their way to the front door, but Chrollo grabs my arm and we hang back for a moment.

"Stay near me and I'm sure I don't need to tell you to watch out for Hisoka," he whispers. "Also, here I got this for you." He picks up two boxes and a medium sized gift bag.

I take a seat on the couch as he places the gifts in front of me. I don't know what I did to deserve a gift from Machi and I never imagined receiving a gift, let alone three from the boss himself. One of the boxes is a little more than half his height while the other is about the size of the box Machi gave me.

I start with the gift bag. Inside is a black leather belt with clips hanging from both hips. Underneath the bag is another box. Upon opening this box I pull out a sleek handgun. According the the inscription inside the lid it is a Glock G29, the same kind I was practicing with.

I pick up the square box. Removing the lid I see ten custom F/C throwing knives and a similarly colored dagger. I place the belt on my waist and attach each knife. I put the dagger in it's sheath and keep it in my lap until I can stand up.