seven.( Unedited )

Denise.

    "Oh shut up, you know damn well you like her ass

    "Oh shut up, you know damn well you like her ass." My friend Tiffany teased.

  "Bro you know ion do that stud on stud shit. I mean she is attractive and the date was bomb plus I'm feeling her vibe but that don't mean nothing." I ranted as I rolled my eyes.

     Tiff looked at me like I had shit on my face.

  "Think about it bro. Listen to what your dumb ass just said." She took a sip of her drink.

  "I know what your scared of.." I swallowed then chuckled nervously.

     "My nigga I'm not scared of nothing." Looking back at the 7/11 sign to stop eye contact.

  "You don't wanna be judge or hurt." She said telling one if my secrets at the moment.

I sighed then shook my head looking back over.

       "Look bro. I've been through shit. I've seen this shit with Leslie.. it's not gonna end well so that's why I'm not getting in a relationship with her. There's nothing you can say to change my mind." I shrugged the swirled my drink around.

   "Stop being pussy. How do you know it's gonna happen with you? You won't know until it's happened right? You like her and I know you do because when I brought her up your leg started shaking."

    Damn it.

I shook my head then rolled my eyes.

   "Your right." I sighed then nodded.

"I'll give her a chance...*

Jesalena

   I counted the money that was on the couch waiting for me when I got home

       My mind has been everywhere and I don't know what to do. I haven't seen Denise since our date so I honestly just think I'm gonna back off. She hasn't answered any of my calls or text and I'm not about to chase her.

I got up putting the money in the drawer as I sighed flopping on the bed pulling my phone from my pants.

   The cellular device buzzed as I looked at the text.

   Denise?

  "Meet me at my place. I think it's my turn to take you out. 3:00?"

  I chuckled not texting back as I got up. God just keeps answering my prayers bro.

     -

  When I got to Denise's house I got out putting my hair up in a messy bun. I'm not gonna lie I'm nervous as shit to see her.

  I walked up to the door and knocked. A few moments later the short girl answered it. I smirked looking at her.

    "I missed you." She said pulling me in for a hug.

  How can I stand here and say I'm not shook because she said it.

  I hugged back. "I missed you too shawt. Where you been?" I pulled away standing next to the door frame looking down at her.

    Maybe I shouldn't have took her out on that date. I know when Im in a situation where I should distance myself and this is one.

  If the kid cared then she would havw called me. Or even if she did like me she would of BEEN on my dick and ass.. But she wasn't.

  "I called you over to talk to you." She said as I sighed. I should of really thought those thoughts before I came.

     "I have something to say too.. Lemme go first." I said as I shook my head looking at her brown eyes.

".. I feel like this is a waste of time. You don't even call to see what im doing, you never answer your phone and I just dont think this is gonna work.." Words flying left and right out of my mouth.

  The look on her face was a mix of hurt and understanding.

Denise.

    Wow... She really told me that. My heart wasnt broke but it wasn't beating correctly. Im not mad at her though. I'd feel like this was a waste too since I was playing hard to get for so long.

There was no need of even explaining anything else. She said what she wanted.

   I nodded and smiled lowly.

"I understand." I nodded then quickly walked away from the door as it closed.

    Damn this hurt me a little.