On The Ninth Day

Was a full day's rest too much to ask for? When Blitzen and Hearthstone awoke it wasn't in their bed but in Fólkvangr.

There was a very outraged Blitzen who had a fit with his mother. Hearth went quiet as he looked around, very aware that he didn't have his scarf and was still in sleepwear. (Which was not red with snowballs on it that Blitzen got for him and a matching pair of course.)

"What do you want? We were trying to get some rest for once." Blitzen whined, clearly not happy about this change of plans.
"I just wanted to spend some time with my favourite son, is that not allowed?"
"No," he grumbled "you'll send me off in a minute." The goddess looked hurt and promised not to as she started giving them ideas of what to do.

"A sing along is starting. You head along now." She ushered Blitzen away but stopped Hearth.
"You need help, correct?" He nodded.
"Good. We'll be gone and back before anyone notices."

Blitzen noticed. And ages later they reappeared, Hearth looking as pleased as Hearth ever let slip only to have Blitzen give him the once over.
"Did she kidnap you? Are you hurt?"
"No?" he sighed and asked if they could leave.

After some more songs and food-since Blitzen was guilted-trip- they headed home. Blitz callopsing on the couch and Hearth disappeared off. Hiding the gift so Blitzen would not find it before tackling the other with kisses and eventually they both fell asleep.