3. Game Day

Miley POV

I woke up on the day of the volleyball game, excited. I had received my list of teammates the night before. I was on a team with Selena Gomez, Ross Lynch, Peyton Meyer, Cameron Boyce, and Dove Cameron. We were competing against Payton List, China Anne McClain, Sabrina Carpenter, Greyson Chance, Billy Unger, and Olivia Holt. I haven’t met all of my teammates but I do know Selena and Ross.

***

I woke up slowly, and got out of bed at 8:30. Simon gave me my “uniform” the day before. It’s a blue shirt (04) and blue shorts. I put it on and I put on my Nike shoes. I put my hair into a messy bun and put in a headband. I grabbed my phone off the dresser and went downstairs.

“Hey, guys.” I said, walking into the kitchen.

“Hey, Mi.” Niall replied.

“At least I know that Niall loves me.” I state, looking at the other four.

“We all knew that.” Harry retorts.

“It’s obvious.” Liam adds, “The whole world knows.” Which is true since Niall said it on national television, and everyone likes to know about everyone else’s personal lives.

“I guess Niall’s the only one I care about, too.” I said, walking over to him. I hug him from behind. Harry smirked. “What?”

“You call that a hug?” He says. Niall turns around, wraps his arms around me, and plants a kiss on my lips, “Ew, that’s just gross.”

“Remind me, how many girls have you kissed?”

“Fine, you win this time.”

“Speaking of winning, don’t you need to get to the game?” Louis put’s in.

“Oh, yeah.”

“I’ll drive you.”

“Thanks Lou.”

After five minutes of sitting in silence, Louis said, “Who’s on your team?”

“Selena, Dove, Cameron, um, Ross, and Peyton Meyer.” I replied.

“Don’t you know Ross?”

“And Selena.”

“That’s not what I meant.” I know what he’s getting at. Hannah went out with Ross a while back. I haven’t seen him in a year though.

“Yeah we went out, but that was a long time ago.”

“Two years is not a long time ago.”

“It feels like it.”

“Well we’re here.” He said, pulling up to the building, “I’ll see ya later.”

“Okay.” I got out, and walked up to the building. I was about to open the door when I was suddenly hit in the face with it instead.

“Ow.” I said falling backwards. My vision was a little cloudy from the hit so I couldn’t tell who was standing over me.

“Did I just hit you?” He said.

“No, the door hit me by itself.” I said pressing my hand to my throbbing forehead.

“Here let me help you up.” He took my hand that was on my forehead, I handed him the other one, and he pulled me up. My vision came back, and I realized that I was face to face with Ross Lynch.

“No way.” I whispered.

“Miley?” He said.

“Ross?” I replied. I suddenly felt all twisted inside, so I sat down on the steps. He sat beside me.

“So.” He said. I didn’t reply. “We’re on the same volleyball team that’s cool.” I nod. “Let me see your forehead.” He came in front of me, and put his face inches from mine. “It doesn’t look bad at all.” He still didn’t move I looked up and noticed that his eyes were locked on mine.

“I need to get inside.” I say, standing up.

We need to get inside.” He said, correcting me. He used to do that all the freaking time. I just roll my eyes, and walk towards the door. Ross following close behind “Let me get the door.”

I let out a small chuckle, “’Cause that went so well last time.” I opened the door. I didn’t bother to hold the door for him, I just walked down the hall away from him.

“Why are you mad at me?” He said, jogging up next to me.

“I’m not mad.” I growl.

“Hostile?”

“Not hostile.”

“You’re lying.” He turned and stopped me.

“Maybe that’s because I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Why are you mad at me?” He asked, again.

“Maybe cause you hit me with a door, maybe cause you never talked to me again after…” My voice trailed off and I could feel tears building up.

“So that’s why you’re mad? Because we didn’t talk after the breakup?” I didn’t answer. He leaned next to my ear. “Maybe I didn’t talk to you because I was scared.” I know Ross and I know that he’s not afraid of anything.

“You weren’t too scared when you broke up with me.” I said, looking him in the eye, “I don’t even know what I did to provoke that. Why’d you do it?”

“I thought that it was what you wanted.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know it just felt like it.”

“The day you broke up with me was one of the worst of my life, and then you didn’t talk to me afterwards so I thought you hated me. I did until now.”

“To be honest I’ve never liked anyone as much as I ever liked you.”

“Ross, I’ve hated you since that day because you broke my heart.” I walked around him, so hopefully he wouldn’t notice that I was crying. He grabs my hand and turns me around, but I don’t look up from my feet.

“I’m sorry for everything. For breaking up with you, for never telling you why, for not talking to you again.” I look up and notice that he is crying too. “And for hitting you with a door.” I smile at him.

“It’s okay.” I say. He leans in closer, and I pull away. “We should get in there, they’re gonna wonder where we are.”

“Yeah.”