6. What's this craziness?

Miley POV

I continued to sit on my bed, and process everything. I let out a small giggle when I realize that I’m basically grounded until my birthday. Well, unless by some miracle Louis changes his mind and becomes reasonable. Yeah, there’s no chance of that!

“Miley, dinner’s ready.” Louis calls up.

“I’m not hungry.” I reply. Next thing I know, there’s a knock on the door. I open the door, knowing who’d be there, “What?” But instead of Louis, it’s Justin.

“Don’t I get a ‘hello’?” He says. I roll my eyes. He walks in, and sits down on my bed.

“What are you doing here?”

“Louis invited a bunch of people for a going away party. I had texted you a couple hours ago about it.”

“Big brother of no fun took my phone because I’m ‘grounded’.”

“Why?”

“Don’t ask me.” I say, coldly, “Who’s here?”

“The question is who isn’t here. Look out your window.” I look out my window at a bunch of people in the backyard, around the pool, on the trampoline, everywhere! “There all here for you, it’s sorta an early birthday present.”

“Yeah, well, aren’t people supposed to enjoy their presents? I’m NOT going down there.”

“Fine, but I am.”

“Okay, whatever.” He walks towards the door, but stops himself from leaving.

“I don’t know what’s wrong, Miley, and I don’t think you’ll tell me. But I will tell you this, figure yourself out.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“If you’re going to stay up here all night, then you’ll have plenty of time to figure it out.”

“Whatever.” He left, and I went over to my window to watch. I see Justin confront Louis, who looks like he’s about to lose it. Justin points up to my window, and Louis and I make eye contact, quickly, before he starts walking towards the house. Probably, he’s coming to talk to me. Sure enough, a few minutes later, there’s a knock at the door.

“Go away.” I say.

“Miley Elizabeth Tomlinson, let me in.” Louis says.

“No.”

“I’m not in the mood to be argued with.”

“I’m not in the mood to be lectured again.”

“I wouldn’t have to lecture you if you acted your age.”

“I’d act my age if you were reasonable.”

“I’d be reasonable if you’d give me a reason.” I don’t respond, “I want to know why you’re acting up.”

“I thought we already established that you don’t care.” I say.

You established that. I haven’t stopped caring about you.” He replies.

“You care so much that you ground me for no reason.”

“I grounded you because you were being unreasonable.”

“No, I wasn’t.”

“You refused to tell me what’s wrong. I consider that unreasonable.”

“Maybe, I didn’t tell you, because it’s none of your business.”

“I still want to know.”