Chapter 9

"That day you asked me for an invitation for your principal."

Ryan was impatient.

"Are you sure that I asked for such a thing? Invitation? Never, can't be!"

"You are the president right? Don't you know about the letters and invitations? Seriously?"

Kate could feel his scorn through the phone.

"I am the president. Yes, I know what happens in my society. I write all the letters and I can swear I never made such a request." Moment by moment, Kate was getting grave.

Why was he pouncing on her?

"Miss Andrews, are you in this world?"

"Yes, I guess I am."

"Pray, you are so hopeless."

Then he was gone without letting Kate to speak or understand the situation. He didn't even say bye to her.

Why? Just why did he scold her?

Her mind could not bear it. Had she done something wrong? Guilt overwhelmed poor Kate. She did not want want Ryan to think that she is weak, so she held back her tears until she found reassurance.

Immediately, Kate dialled Mrs. Price and inquired after the invitation.

"Mrs. Sandra Arnold is far too busy to attend such things. I did not request a letter Kate. You should have asked that boy whether he was a psychopath, " Mrs. Price angrily replied.

Kate was now so sure that she had not made a mistake. But it hurt her like hell to be scolded by Ryan Hartford for something she didn't do. If she really had done something wrong, she would have accepted the accusation, but this was unfair. He had wounded her vanity.

Ultimately the tears began to flow down her cheeks.