CONVERSION THERAPY

Alison

"Let's Just start off by saying this" the head sister starts now that all of the kids are in one room giving her our undivided attention. "You CANNOT be born gay" the woman says over and over again trying to hammer it into our heads. "Here at Gifts from the three wise men we have an eighty four percent cure rate" she lets us know. "You're families sent you here because they love you and God loves you" Sister Judith tells us making me chuckle to myself.

"That's bullshit" I say very low but loud enough for some to hear.

"Alison, do you have something you would like to say?" The middle aged woman questions with the slightest smirk on her face.

(Is it just me or does she look like Lindsey Shaw? ☝🏽)

"Yeah actually I do" I stand up from my seat to stand in front of the room with her. "Your families didn't send you here because they love you" I start off by telling them. "They sent you here because they hate you" I spill. "They hate who we are and they don't understand it so they make a mockery out of us and they send us to bullshit camps like this telling us that it's just therapy and that we'll be fixed" I argue against sister Judith's word. "Tell me this" I start back up and then stop. "How is forcing someone to hate themselves therapeutic?" I ask as the other campers sit there watching me in silence.

 "How is forcing someone to hate themselves therapeutic?" I ask as the other campers sit there watching me in silence

"It's not" I answer for them. "Because...Love doesn't need a cure" I add in. "Love is giving up a part of yourself to someone and trusting that they won't hurt you; love is two people touching each other's souls" I cry. "Love was Emily" I finish with the image of the breathtaking brunette in my head.

Finished with my speech I turn to see Sister Judith still grinning.

"And does anyone here believe what Alison Just said?" She asks the kids but no one answers. "Exactly because that isn't Lov...

"I DO!" One of the girls in the group stands up to say. "I believe in what she said" the red head says. "I believe it because I'm gay and I love myself despite what anyone else thinks" she states through her tears.

 "I believe it because I'm gay and I love myself despite what anyone else thinks" she states through her tears

"I love Toni" Cheryl lastly declares.

"You two actually believe that these two girls Emily and Toni loves you?" The brown haired woman asks making both me and the other girl Cheryl nod our heads.

"I know for a fact that Emily loves me" I respond. "I just wish that I would've had the courage to say all of that to her face, while she was alive" I murmur.

"Hmm" she hums. "Well maybe she didn't love you at all and maybe she hated herself for because of her mutation to feel that way about someone of the same sex" Judith guesses. "Maybe she was ashamed of herself as well as you and that drove her to do the right thing, to kill herself" the woman finishes causing a angered look to plaster across my face.

 "Maybe she was ashamed of herself as well as you and that drove her to do the right thing, to kill herself" the woman finishes causing a angered look to plaster across my face

Looking back over at the older woman I then bring my hand up slapping her across her face taking her by surprise.

"You have no idea what you're talking about" I grit through my teeth before getting pulled away by the other nuns and doctors.

"LET GO OF ME!" Cheryl screams while trying to kick them.

Not listening to a word that's coming from our mouths they toss us both in the prayer room alone.

At least they thought we were alone.

Hearing the sounds of the big brown chipped off wood door open in the back I see that same nun from before walk in.

"What are you two doing in here?" She questions placing down her bible.

"They doomed us down here" I jokingly say looking over at Cheryl only to see her still crying. "Ignore her" I comment.

Not responding just yet the woman walks past me in a scurry peeking her head out of the front door before shutting it again.

"Get your friend" she says as her accent fills my ears. "Let's go" sister Emilia or as the other nuns call her Emily, says helping me lift Cheryl to her feet as we all begin to move in a rush.

"What are you doing?" I ask now that I see her digging down into her bra.

"Here it is" the semi older woman says pulling out a key on a chain using it to unlock the door. "Go" she tells us making Cheryl run out without hesitation.

Getting ready to do the same thing I end up getting stopped by her grabbing my hand and pulling me back in for a kiss.

Quickly pulling away I stare into her eyes seeing the same soft brown ones that I used to stare into not too long ago.

"Be safe, Ali" she says causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

Before getting a chance to say anything the woman pushes me outside closing the door and locking it behind her.

Softly touching my lips I look back at the door before running off myself not knowing where to run to.

Finally able to reach a phone booth in the distance of the woods I pick up the device to dial out hearing several rings before hearing a voice on the other end.

"Hello, who's...

"Pam" I say with neediness filling my voice. "I need you" I lastly state.

Full disclosure: you won't really understand it all yet, especially the whole nun thing.
But you will understand it towards the end of the story. I promise it's gonna be good.
Again let me know your theories
Enjoy 😊