Winters ball

3rd person pov

As the three Schuyler sister get ready for the winters ball the night becomes Colder, the three sister make there way into the carriage and drive away towards the winters ball, little did they know what was awaiting two of the sisters

Angelicas pov

I was the first to step out of the carriage as we made it to the winters ball, soon after me was Eliza and Peggy we stood near eachother nervously awaiting our father to come out
"does my dress look good Angie?" Eliza says nervously " you lo-" before I could even get to the middle of what I was saying Eliza cuts me off saying "oh no.. I'm ulgy aren't I? No one will ever want to be with me! I mean look at me this dress doesn't even look good on me" she rambles but I stop her "listen Eliza, your beautiful, don't let anyone tell you other wise, you look stunning and whoever is lucky enough to have you should be lucky" I smile at her and see she starts to smile back as she relaxes "Thank you Angie! You look amazing as well" Eliza says as I nod.
"all right girls you shall be on your best behavior, you are a Schuyler never forget that, so act as one" our father says to us which makes Eliza nod, Peggy seems to not care and I just look at father distastefully.
"if you have the opportunity to meet potential suitors don't waste it, especially you Angelica"
Father says as he looks at me which only made me even more bitter
"let's go then" he says as we all fallowed behind him..

As soon as I stepped a foot into the ballroom every woman looked at us with envy, it doesn't necessarily effect me since I've delt with envious stares before, I am the eldest of the sisters and unfortunately the one who's most unsatisfied with her life. Saying that I cry a lot is an understatement, Ive cried myself to sleep various night's being a Schuyler sister wasn't easy and especially not for me, I hated my life and myself, but I might as well get this ball over with and remind myself that I am a strong independent woman and nothing will change that.

3rd pov

As the the three sisters walk through the ballroom, Peggy went immediately to the food table while Eliza went around waiting for someone to dance with her or talk to, and Angelica? Well she was at the bar table drinking a glass of wine, hopefully to forget the life she is in currently.

Eliza pov

This party was splendid, I danced with a few gentlemen and talk to a few lady's but besides that I can't help but notice Angelica, she's at the bar just sitting there, not even trying to dance, talk or find a partner, as much it pains me to know that my sister is going through so much misery I can't help but feel guilty that I haven't been by her side, Angelica knows everything about me and how to make me happy, shes always been there for me but when it comes to her, she's so complicated, I just wish I could help her more, "excuse me" I say as I excuse myself from dancing with a soldier, this was my opportunity to finally help Angelica, to be by her side, even if I make a fool out of myself.

As I make my way towards her the doors to the winters ball open, and I can't help my curiosity but look who it was and i certainly reconized the face, It was George Washington and a few other soldiers, my father and George Washington have met many times so I can defiantly recognize him but then someone comes from behind him to the front.

...

thump

Thump

THUMP

omg my god
My heart was betting out of my chest! .

I don't know why I was feeling such a strong feeling

I

felt

so

Helpless