You deserve to burn

*congratulations*

Alexander's perspective

I was working at my desk it had been a few weeks at most and I totally forgot about what Eliza told me I heard a knock at the door I told them to come in I saw Eliza, she looks a bit different she's not wearing her normal blue dress she's wearing a black dress that the buttons are straps and her hair is mostly messy but it's in a ponytail down
I had forgotten what happened last time I saw her and say " Elizabeth" with a loving voice,she walks in and i could tell she hadn't gotten that much sleep but she looks happy and says "alexander"she walks over to me while i get off of my chair and her smile slowly turns mad " congratulations"i was shocked but she turned around and said "you have invented a new kind of stupid, a damage you can never undo kind of stupid, and open all the cages in the zoo kind of stupid truly you didn't think this through kind of stupid" ive never seen eliza talk like this before she was normaly nice and cheerful but she then says " let's review" she turns around facing me and keeps talking she says" you took a rumor a few maybe two people knew and if you did it by sharing an affair of which no one has accused you, angelica begged you to take a break but you refused to" she walks in a circle around me and keeps talking saying "so scared of what your enemies will do to you you're the only enemy you ever seem to lose to you know why Jefferson can do what he wants he doesn't dignify schoolyard taunts with the response, so yeah congratulations you won and earned nothing!"i just stood there with disbelife and said "elizabeth...." a bit sad cause i now remembered what she said to me last time...she walks to the window in the room and looks out and says " you've redefined your legacy ,congratulations" i try to atleast defend myself and yell saying " it was an act of political sacrifice" she stays silent for a moment then touches the window and says ".....sacrifice?...." she was looking down where some random kids where playing she suddenly turns around and walks past me and says "I languished in a Loveless marriage in London i gave up all my happness for her and i lived only to read your letters I look at you and think God what if I done with my life and what did it get us that doesn't wipe the tears of the years away but I'm back in the city and I'm here to stay and you know what I'm here to do....."shes beside me so i try to grab her hand but she swipes it away and looks at me and says " im not here for you" i stood in shock and sadness then she says " my sister knows my me like she knows her own mind she would easily give up her love for mine everytime..you know you will never find anyone as loving or is intelligent and a million years ago I looked at her and I could tell that just by her eyes she said this ones her's so I stood,by do you know why!?" She yelled and i just realized what she meant when she said but she keeps talking and says and yells " I love my sister more than anything in this life she would choose my happiness over hers everytime, Angelica!!" And i say "angelica"in a quiet sad tone but she keeps talking and says " it's the best thing in our lives so never lose sight of the fact that you have been blessed with the best wife, congratulations for the rest of your life every sacrifice you make is for my sister give her the best life congratulations" she says that while she opens the door and slams it on her way out i just stood there and fell to my knees and started to cry and i keep thinking why did i do it????? Why?? 

*meanwhile with angelica*....

.to be continued.