Come

"Come on!" Rizavi shouted at the top of her lungs. "Last one in is a loser!" She exclaimed before jumping into the pool with a huge splash. This was immediately followed by several hoots of joy and several other splashes from the rest of Aurora's friends. Aurora meanwhile laughed on the sidelines as she went to kiss her fathers cheek who was working the barbecue grill.

"Thanks for letting me have this party dad."

"Of course. Anything for you honey." Aurora smiled and headed towards Hunk, Pidge, Keith and Lance who were still standing on the deck, towels on their shoulders. Aurora walked up with a grin.

"What are you guys arguing about?" aurora asked with a laugh.

"Pidge and Keith don't want to get in the pool!" Lance exclaimed, gesturing to their friends.

"Why? You're wearing a swimsuit." Pidge was wearing a cute two piece with a lime green top and black shorts but she was also wearing an outrageously large sunset, sunglasses and carrying what looked like enough bottles of sunscreen for ten people. Keith was wearing red swim trunks and looked horribly pale under the sun and kept eyeing the patio covered deck every so often.

"Keith and I agreed to come but we never agreed to swim." Pidge said dismissively. "I burn quickly and I assume Keith does too." Keith nodded as Pidge flipped her long hair over her shoulder. "And anyways, I have some coding to do, a brother to talk to and a book to read. So if you don't mind..."

"Aurora." Lance complained, gesturing to Pidge as she walked away. Aurora laughed.

"I can't tell her what to do. Actually, I want to go talk to her brother. Hey Pidge! Do you remember the wi-fi?"

"And what's your excuse?" Hunk demanded of Keith. "Besides burning up under the sun like a vampire?" Keith ran one hand through his hair nervously.

"Actually... I can't swim." Lance gave Keith a funny look.

"What? Really?" Keith shrugged.

"I'm an orphan remember? My dad hadn't put me in swim classes yet and then at the orphanage.. I never got the chance. Shiro has tried to teach me before but I get too embarrassed."

"I'll teach you. I'm a great swimmer." Lance said with a smile. Keith shrugged and licked his lips, looking off towards the pool where Rizavi, Leif, Kinkade and Griffin were about to start a chicken fight. Leif was on Rizavi's shoulders while Griffin was on Kinkades. Griffen didn't stand a chance against Leifsdottir. Lancaster, Carter, Prince, and several other people Keith couldn't remember the last names of were cheering them all on. Parker meanwhile was snickering from his seat on the steps of the pool, watching all the action. The water was churning fiercely with everyone moving about and it kind of made Keith's stomach sick.

"No, I'm good. The water freaks me out a little." Keith said, before heading towards Aurora and Pidge on the deck who were laughing at something.

"Oh come on Keith!" Lance complained but Keith didn't turn around.

"I should learn the code so I could just talk to him." Aurora was saying as Keith walked up.

"I did give you the book and the additions and subtractions necessary to figure it out." Pidge said before another message came in. Pidge giggled. "He said, Happy Birthday from space!" Aurora grinned.

"Tell him I said thanks." She glanced up as Keith sat down. "So why don't you want to get in the water?" She asked him.

"I can't swim." Aurora snapped her fingers.

"Oh yeah, I forget."

"McClain! Get your ass over here!" Lancaster shouted. Lance sighed, took one last glance at Keith sitting and talking with Aurora and Pidge before he walked towards the pool with Hunk.