In This Moment I Could Die

"Hunk! You're not going to throw up! This is a simulation."

"I know but I can't help myself. It's that beef stew we had for lunch." Lance rolled his eyes and went back to focusing on the controls. Hunk was turning green but he didn't have time to sympathize with his motion sick friend. They had a fake mission to complete and if they failed this, Iverson would put them on kitchen duty for a month, not to mention the fact that the whole class was currently watching them on the monitors outside. "Pidge hail that craft if you can please." Lance begged. He needed one thing to go right, just one thing to show everyone that he was worthy of pilot class.

"On it Captain." Pidge said, reaching for the communication system but, as usual, she was too small to ride this ride and her arms couldn't reach the controller way up high. Knowing it was against protocol, she ground her teeth and unbuckled her seatbelt. "Craft 475  this is Flight Crew 219. We have received your distress signal and we are coming to rescue you." Artificial cheers could be heard on the other end.

"Lance watch out!" Hunk shouted, pointing at the window

"I know." Lance shouted back, pulling up hard on the wheel, narrowly missing the large rock formation. As he did though, the craft titled and Pidge was sent flying to the back of the simulator with a loud Bang. "Pidge!" Lance exclaimed, immediately abandoning the controls to see if she was okay. "Are you alright?" He asked as he watched her rub the back of her head. She had a pained look on her face and her long hair was askew but she looked fine otherwise.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Mission failed." A booming automated voice called out. Lance grimaced. The screen was flashing red with a collision warning message. The bay door slid open with a click and Iverson came into view.

"Fall into line Cadets!" He shouted. Hunk, hanging his head a little, stood and followed Lance and Pidge out who was still massaging the back of her neck. "Would anyone like to tell me what they did wrong?" Iverson demanded of the rest of their classmates.

"The engineer nearly threw up." Wells threw out.

"The technician unbuckled her seatbelt." Rizavi said.

"The pilot abandoned the controls." Griffin said, loving the tortured expression on Lance's face. Aurora grimaced and Keith almost felt like turning around to punch James in the face. There was no doubt in his mind that that punk ass bitch was smirking up a storm right now.

"All valid answers." Iverson says. "But the biggest mistake of the day was letting these three numskulls go into the simulator first." A slight snicker drifted through the crowd. "So now, I'm going to call the best team to the front to show us how it's done." Lance's shoulders fell and Pidge and Hunk sighed. "Cruz, Kogane, and Jenkins, fall in line." Iverson shouts. Aurora glances toward Keith and Parker as they head towards the simulator. Aurora smiles sympathetically at the Trio as does Keith and Parker. Parker actually pats Hunk's shoulder as they pass. The door for the simulator opens and shuts behind them.