The Perfect Fit

I finally was able to start school again which I absolutely hated. Of course I'm excelling in all of my classes since my parents have always encouraged good grades. Things have been a lot more hectic lately with the dance in exactly 2 days. Unfortunately Iris has been going into overdrive about the dance.

"We haven't even picked out our dresses! Or our shoes or our accessories! This is a huge fashion dilemma!"

Delanie rolled her eyes.

"We don't even have a date to the dance!"

"Girls I'm taking y'all dress shopping and it's all on me!"

I looked at Iris in shock.

"Dude that's a lot of money! Are your parents okay with that?"

Iris huffed.

"Sunshine a few thousand dollars is nothing. My weekly allowance is 3 gold bars a week."

Delanie shrugged.

"Well I can't pass up on that offer."

Ivy quietly spoke.

"When should we go?"

"I don't know about you guys but I'm leaving now!"

And just like that Iris bolted out the door with the 4 of us chasing after her.

We arrived at Magix around 6. We walked a around until Iris squealed.

"Ooh ooh let's go into this shop!"

As we entered the shop all of us looked in awe. This shop had millions of fancy beautiful fancy dresses. "Oh my sunshine this is like heaven!"

We had all started roaming around the shop in search of a dress.

Of course Iris found hers in like 2 seconds. And of course she looked down right gorgeous. It was a long flowy royal blue dress that was strapless and hugged her waist elegantly. Piper was next. She had gotten a cute red tight dress that had one long sleeve. Ivy found herself a very nice green dress that fell straight to the floor which complemented her features well. Unfortunately much to my dismay Delanie managed to find a dress. Worse than that she actually looked good in it. Too good. It was a strapless orangey-red dress that brought out her hair and her blue eyes. It went to her mid-thigh and it tied around the neck with red jewels. I started to panic. Nothing seemed to look good on me much to the others protests. I tried dress after dress but I hated them all. We walked outside and I sat down on the bench in defeat.
"Man what am I going to do now? There's absolutely no way I'm going to-"
Just then a certain object caught my eye. Across the street was a small little shop that had dresses in the window. One in particular had gotten my attention.
"I think I just found my dress!"
I ran across the street with even bothering to look both ways. I raced inside and looked at the dress.
"Excuse me miss but can I try on that dress in the window?"
The owner smiled.
"Sure thing darling."
I went into the dressing rooms and ripped my clothes off hastily. I slipped the dress on and looked at my reflection. The dress was the same exact color as my bright blue eyes. It was strapless and went down to my mid thigh. It had one long sleeve that went down my arm. I turned around and around and finally came out to show my friends.
"Well?"
I heard gasps. Iris spoke first
"Well we definitely can't go to the dance together. You look better than me!"
I laughed and rolled my eyes.
"You. look. hot."
"You're so pretty Serena!"
"Eh. whatever."
I changed back into my normal clothes and went to pay. As I was walking I accidentally bumped into someone. That someone was a man.
"I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where-"
As soon as I looked into his crystal blue eyes a severe chill went down my back. His gaze started intently into mine and I felt my head start to ache slowly.
"-I was going."
He smiled.
"It's alright. It's not everyday I get to come across a beautiful girl like yourself."
I looked at him. He couldn't be more than a few years older than me. Maybe around 21?
"T-thanks."
He chuckled and walked away. I took the time to look at his appearance. He was wearing denim jeans and a black sweatshirt with the hoodie up. I had noticed he had tussled black hair and was fairly tan. In fact the guy was quite attractive but there was something about the vibes radiating off of him. Something... was off but I couldn't quite name it. I hurried off to the front register to pay. I handed the cash to the lady and thanked her. Now the gang hurried continued searching for the right accessories but all the while my mind kept drifting to the strange guy whose gaze pierced right through mine.