School Day

I look at myself in the mirror fixing my hair to sit exactly where it should without any problems. "Gosh, you look the same every fucking morning! Does it really take more than 20 minutes every damn day?" I roll my eyes and look at my little brother. "You'll never understand the power of being pretty, Richie." I pat his head and walk past him letting him have access to the bathroom.

As I make my way down the stairs I grab my backpack, purse, and keys exiting the house to my car. "Are we picking up anyone today?" Richie asks getting into the front seat. "Eddie wanted a ride." I close my door and press my foot to the gas to get moving.

As we round the corner I see Eddie standing at the end of his steps rocking on his heels. Richie rolls down his window poking his head out. "GET YOUR ASS IN HERE ED!" Eddie shakes his head silently laughing. As Eddie reaches for the back seat I stop him from opening it. "Rich get in the back." "What? Come on! Blood is blood!" "That may be, but manners always come first. Back seat now." I sarcastically say to him smiling. Eddie climbs in the front with a wide smile. "Aww see? Look how happy you made your best friend!" I pinch Ed's cheek making him blush while Richie crosses his arms in a huff.

The ride to school was short but fun. Jamming out to music and watching the boys dance always brightens my mornings. I park on my side of the curb (Mine because Richie took it upon himself to spray paint the pavement marking it as my spot). All three of us exit the car and walk up the steps leading into the school. Going through the halls we pass the Bowers gang for the first time today.

I place my hands on their shoulders and continue forward passing the gang. Their eyes burn into my brothers and Eddie's frame. All eyes except one pair. Henry Bowers, the leader, was staring right at me with a hateful glare. "Take a picture, Bowers. It'll last longer." He scoffs at me, "bitch," before rolling his eyes.

Patrick Hockstetter attempts to step towards me with a determined glare, but Henry stops him muttering how "She's a waste of time".

I push the boys out of sight from the gang and kiss both their heads. Eddie takes the peck generously but wipes the germs off his head seconds later. Richie struggles against me, but that's the entire fun in it. "I'll see you at the end of the day. Be good and make good choices!"

I pace myself skipping 2 steps at a time as I rush to my English class. My heels reach the entrance of the classroom right as the bell rings. Mr. Capaldi's (Ca-pal-dee) eyes meet my figure and he smiles. "(Y/n). Glad you made it! Please do take your seat." He smiles at me softly.

"Why, thank you, Mr. Capaldi. Did you have a good morning?" I giggle and make my way to my seat. "As well as it can be. Having you in this class makes it worth the time." He says in a dream-enhanced state. I place my hand over my closed lips holding in a laugh.

Yes, I completely understand some of the male teachers here in the school find me... Charming... but I would never use that to my advantage... At least not on purpose. It just seems to happen that way.

"Kiss ass." I hear a voice call from under their breath. I turn around to see Henry. I look over to where his usual seat is and notice Victor Criss all alone and half asleep. "Why are you behind me, Bowers? Want to be closer to me? It's a common thing." I say, completely ignoring his comment.

"Stupid Fag moved me for talking. Now I'm stuck here. Fucking sucks." Henry huffs resting his head against his fist. I shrug and turn back around seeing as he's no longer important.

After 20 minutes of class, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see Henry again. "What?"

"Do you have a pencil?"

I rummage around in my bag making noticeable noise, but Mr. Capaldi didn't say anything. "Here." I toss the pencil over my shoulder at him. He fumbles but catches it in his hand.

Minutes pass and I feel another tap on my shoulder. "Pst... Hey Tozier. You get the last question?" "Yea it's-" "MR. BOWERS!" Mr. Capaldi's loud voice breaks our whispering. "Are you talking in my class? Not even 30 minutes after I moved you?" Henry throws his hands up in unbelief. "And when Tozier says anything you just turn your fucking head." Mr. Capaldi crosses his arms with a shocked look. "I treat my students equally." Henry rolls his eyes laughing. "Only when you want some of that tight pussy from Tozier." I gasp and turn around with a pure pink flushed face.

Mr. Capaldi looks at Henry and points to the door without words. Henry listens shaking his head mumbling, "fucking perv," as he went by the teacher.

As the class winds down to an end my mind is still buzzing. Why would he say that? Even if the teacher does find me attractive, why would Bowers even care?

I walk out to my car seeing my girls leaning against it. "Hey, it's my lady friends! What's cooking good-looking?" Richie slides over reaching up to try and wrap one of his arms around Carly's shoulders. "Aw, Rich, how many times do I need to tell you?"

"At least once more, my love." He begs. Eddie rolls his eyes, "she's not even your type!"

I shake my head and push him towards his door to the car. "What are we doing tonight?"

"Well, Belch got some new strains from Patrick." "Pizza, blaze, and sleep it is then." All three of us laugh.

Now is probably a good time to explain. See in all my years since I can remember, I've had two best friends. Julie Huggins, and Carly Montgomery.

Julie Huggins is (you guessed it) Belch's twin sister. Let me tell you, they are FAR from similar. I'm not even sure they came out of the same mother!

Carly is the smart popular pretty girl with money from daddy to spend on her shopping spree. Most people think she's a brat, but we're the two girls she's managed to keep around.

This is my gang compared to Bowers. The Girls have got class, brains, and looks while the Bowers gang is horrific, satanic, and feared in the town of Derry.

::::::::

Later in the night, I pick Carly up and we arrive at Julie's in no time. I knock on the door barely holding my stuff. The door swings open to reveal Belch's face. He frowns and huffs, "fuck."

"Damn, thanks for the homely welcome, Belch." I walk inside anyway and place my bags on the floor.

"Is that my girls?" Julie struts out with a bottle of whisky in hand. "Hey, Jules. I thought we agreed." Belch points at us. I raise my hand speaking, "I don't know what he's talking about, but I take offense!" I race up to meet the bottle in my friend's hand.

"We agreed to what?"

"The guys are coming over. You said you'd make sure you three would be far away." Julie gestures up to her room with a smug smile. "And we will be. If we need anything I'll be the one to come down and get it. You won't even see them two."

"You're saying both Henry and I will be in the same house? In the same 40 foot radius?" "I'm not sure if that's accurate, but yes," Belch says with a small smile. "Going to need a lot of this then." I turn the bottle up and quickly drink the burring whiskey. "They're not going to be here until 8 so in the meantime do you girls want to get blazed?" Blech pulls out a foil package and pulls out a blunt. "Oh save that kid stuff for the boys. I got something better." I unzip my bag pulling out my water pipe with the glass contorting and looking like it's knotted together. "Woah." Belch places his blunt on the table and raises his hands. "I'm down." Everyone else shrugs and laughs as we begin the smoke sesh.

20 minutes later we're all laughing our asses off and going crazy with jokes. Belch hits his knee laughing extremely hard. "See look! It's a smile! I knew you liked me! You're my brother now too!" I move between Belch and Julie hugging them both. "Gosh, I wish Henry didn't hate you." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Why?" "Because you're awesome. If we all hung out it would be great! Plus you girls would make our reputation better. We wouldn't get banned from places in town if you were with us!"

As the silence perishes and I open my mouth. "Why does Henry hate me so much?" "I'm not sure. One day he saw you talking to Danny Montreat and got all worked up. Started saying you were a whore and saying all these things about you. Said you were pregnant by some older guy."

"BOWERS STARTED THAT? I got asked my whole 8th-grade year what I was going to name the baby." Why would he do that? I was a kid!" A knock on the door rings out and the three of us girls hop up and make our way to Julie's room.