And then... we never spoke again

"The hell you doing out here boy? Shouldn't you be in school hmm?" Henry slowly nods his head. His father then jumps out of the car and makes his way around to us. He grips Henry and tosses him onto the doors of the squad car harshly. "You planning on skipping with this little whore? Huh? What have I fucking told you?" Butch shakes his head in disappointment throwing the doors open and shoving his son inside the vehicle.

Butch then turns to me and stares me down with daggers. "You ever go near him again you'll find I won't be so nice next time girl! NOW GET!" He screams at me in pure anger and solid drunkenness. Should an officer of the law even be allowed to abuse substance like that? I THINK NOT!

I glance at Henry ready to throw down with his father, but the fear and worry in his eyes force me to turn away making my way back towards town. I shuffle my feet as I walk through an alleyway.

"Who the hell does he think he is?" I mumble kicking the rocks. My attention is taken away from the rocks and is now focused on the rattling chains of the back door to the slaughterhouse. The chains start viciously clanking against the old wooden door making dents and cracks. A slow whistling begins and suddenly the rusty chains are ripped from the door and wrapped around my neck closing my airway. The song plays louder as I struggle to hold consciousness.

I fall to the ground unable to hold my composure. A sinister giggle rises and my blood runs cold.

The menacing smile of the clown reveals himself standing on a dumpster laughing his lunges away at my suffering.

It jumps down and gets less than 3 inches from my face. "Want to be the first one to float today?" My eyesight grows black and my body falls limp. The only scenes I gain is when a younger boy steps out and runs over to me in panic.

"Are you okay? Can you breath?" I gasp for air and try to sit up. "Woah! Stay right here. Just calm down." I do as he says and regain my state of calmness. "What happened?" "I-I... I tripped and... knocked the wind out of me." The boy looks at me with furrowed eyes seeing through my lie. "Well... I'm glad you're okay. I'm Mike by the way." I shake his hand and introduce myself as well. "You're the homeschooled kid, right?" Mike nods his head and goes to speak but the door opens an older gentlemen walks out. "I've got your delivery ready Mike." He smiles at me and exits the alleyway. Mike looks at me once more before waving and going back into the slaughterhouse.

I walk the rest of the way home with shivers running up and down my spine. I have so many questions about this clown! First of all... why is he attacking me? Where the hell did a demonic clown even come from in Derry? I shake my thoughts away and I enter my front door. I plop right on the couch and turn the TV on flipping through the channels, but soon drift off into sleep.

I am only awakened when Richie bursts through the door with Carly trailing behind. She looks at me shocked. "What are you doing here?" "I live here C." She rolls her eyes and sits beside me on the couch. "Yeah stupid! I thought you'd be with Henry." I shrug explaining what happened with Butch.

================================================================================

Nothing happens for a few weeks...

No clown, no contact with Henry, no anything! Right up until the last day of school. I sit on the hood of my car waiting for the boys to join me. I see them all walk out, dump their bags into the trash and begin the walk towards me. A bus passes right in front of me blocking my view of the kids.

Once I have my sight back I see Bowers in Bill's face threatening him. I huff and run over to him as Bill is about to get a beating. I push Henry away as hard as I can knocking him to the ground. Henry looks up at me shocked, then angry. "Who the hell do you think you are Tozier?" He stands up inches from me. I roll my eyes passing my keys to Richie. "Get in the car."

They do as told and leave the scene. As I turn back to Henry I see the fire in his eyes. "Alright fucker, you're going to listen. I don't know what the hell I did to make you switch to hating my guts again and I don't really fucking care, but you're going to leave them alone. If I ever catch you making eye contact with any one of them I'm going to rip your balls off and feed them to the pigs." Henry smirks at me turning back to his friends in a cocky manner. "Trashy Whore Tozier thinks she can-" "SHUT THE FUCK UP HENRY!" I scream and tackle him to the ground hitting him as hard as I can.

We struggle for about a minute before Belch lifts me off of him. "You fucking asshole!" I scream with tears in my eyes. Henry's expression switches from angry to confused and maybe guilt. 

Maybe...

Belch takes me to my car where the losers sit in anticipation. "Hey, calm down. You know how he is. You've been with him for months (y/n)-" "What are you talking about?" I wipe my eyes. Belch furrows his eyebrows. "Since Halloween. You've been together... Right?" "Henry hasn't talked to me for months! When we saw his dad he threw me out of his life!" "Ah shit..." Belch looks over at Henry shaking his head. "I'll call you later okay?" I shrug and get into my car. "It doesn't even matter Belch. He's not going to change." I say and then speed off leaving the school behind and forgotten for the summer months.