A Talking To

"Jack I think we need to talk."

The shock on his face was evident. Why did he do this again? I thought he liked me. Was it only puppy love?

"Oh Avery okay well yeah lets talk." He steps outside and into the hall, the door shuts behind him. "Listen I am so sorry, its just that last night I needed someone and you didn't want to so I just called Sabrina."

"Oh okay well thats...fine. I get it." I nod my head and tears brim my eyes. "Do you not like me anymore?" My voice is so frail I barely recognize it.

"I have to tell you something." He runs his hands through his hair and looks at me. "It was all a bet. I never liked you." And that is when something in me snapped. I don't know what it was but it just did.

I slapped him. Hard.

"You...you... you jerk! How could!? Ugh I never even want to see your stupid face again. I trusted you!" I all but screamed at him. A couple tears fell down my cheeks.

"Av..." I stop him from speaking.

"Don't ever talk to me again. And do not call me Av. My name is Avery and that is all you will ever call me!" I turn on my heel and walk to the stairs. As I reach the lobby I run into someone. I meet Nash's eyes.

"Avery! What's wrong?" He holds me against him. No tears come, thankfully.

"It was all a bet. He never liked me. I just it sucks. He was someone I trusted." I hold onto Nash and he rubs my back.

"Go find Cam. I'll be back." He jogs up the stairs and it doesn't take being a twin to know what he is going to do.

I find Cam in the lobby and I go up to him.

"Avery, you okay?" He wraps one arm around me and holds me to his side. I give a subtle nod and welcome his familiar scent and warmth.

"Hey Avery...." Chris smirks and I give him a playful glare. "How'd you sleep?" He wiggles his eyebrows and I hit his chest.

"I could've slept longer if I didn't have two idots wake me up." I rest my head against Cameron and a smile spreads to my lips without me knowing. Cam seems to just calm me. It wasn't like that with Jack. He was a crush who was a couple day boyfriend. But Cam he has been there for me and I always feel something with him.

"What? I am not an idiot." Chris scoffs and looks at a passing girl. Boys will be boys. All of a sudden my stomach growls softly. A warm blush spreads to my cheeks.

"You hungry?" Cam looks down at me. I forgot he was even there. If he wasn't holding me against him I would've thought that he was gone, he was too quiet.

I politely shake my head no and Cameron just stares at me. "Yes you are hungry."

"No I am not Cam." I say in a singsongy voice as I pull my head off of him. "I am going to go get some juice, wanna come?" I look at him and he nods.

"Jack cheated on me again." I tell him as we enter the dining room. I grab a glass of apple juice and take the pill to stop my hunger. I tell Cam that it is tylonel.

"What? I'm going to kill that son of a.." I put a finger to his lips.

"No you will not." He glares at me and with a huff sits down at a chair. "Apparently none of what we even had was real. It was just some stupid bet." I sit on the table in front of him. "Besides now I can figure out my feelings that I have for someone else." I sneak a peek at him.

"Who is it?" He rubs circles on my knee and I bet he can hear my heart beats. Its just that loud.

"Uh some guy that I've known for awhile." I stutter out. I blush as he smirks subtly. He totally got that.