[LIAR] IV / Graduation, Part 1

WARNINGS: Mild language; implied sexual references

-Day 3; Friday, June 2nd, 2017-

"Baekhyun!" Kim Jongdae yelled, walking into the part of the dorm where Byun Baekhyun was kneeling on the ground, taping boxes shut. "Are you going to graduation later?"

"Why would I?" he asked, biting off a strip of tape. "No one I know nor care about is graduating."

"Hey!" Jongdae yelled again. "Minseok is graduating!"

"Again, like I said, no one I know nor care about is graduating." Baekhyun repeated, and Jongdae gasped again, throwing a shoe at Baekhyun's head. "Hey!" Baekhyun yelled, taking his off and chucking it at Jongdae. Dae dodged, laughing as Baekhyun pouted.

"Anyways," Jongdae continued. "graduates are allowed to bring someone for free from a lower year. Obviously Minseok's bringing me, but Seo Juhyun doesn't want to bring anyone, so she gave her free pass to Kim Junmyeon who gave it to that Kris guy who gave it to Minseok who gave it to me, and I wanna know if you want it."

Baekhyun leaned back, putting his hands behind him to support himself. "To third wheel with you and Minseok all night?" Baek questioned, shooting his friend a look. "No thanks."

"I told you, Baekhyun." Jongdae said sternly, any hints of casualty and playfulness leaving his voice. "It's not like that. We're not like that. I'm not like that." his words seemed laced with venom.

Baekhyun's eyes widened at Jongdae's last statement, and he brought himself up to sit on his knees. "'I'm not like that'?" Baekhyun repeated, shocked and surprised. "What do you mean 'you're not like that', Jongdae?"

"Baek, you know I didn't mean it like that." Jongdae sighed. "And I just meant that I'm not gay is all." Jongdae shifted his weight around, pulling on his fingers.

"No, no." Baek said, standing up. "I get it. Thanks, Jongdae. I'll take it." he rolled his eyes and pushed past Jongdae, venturing into the other part of the dorm.

"Baekhyun." Jongdae whined, turning round to face his friend. Baekhyun had his back turned to him. "Dude, come on. You know what I meant. Why are you acting like this?"

"Why am I acting like this?" Baekhyun said in disbelief, turning around. "What about you? I found you outside the dorm building yesterday upset because you slept with Minseok. Which isn't a big deal, anyways. And with the fit you threw about it yesterday, how are the two of you suddenly on the best terms ever?

"First, you have the nerve to make me drag your hungover ass back to the dorm from outside the building. I had to cancel my plans to babysit you all day yesterday! And now you again, have the nerve to ask me if I want to come to Minseok's graduation with you? What about my plans, things I want to do and people I want to see? What about things I want to take you to? But no, it's all about Kim fucking Jongdae. But it's okay, because I'm just your roommate. It's my job to bring your ass back home in the morning and tell you you're not gay when you quite obviously are and to go to things as your plus one when Minseok can't."

Jongdae stood there, blinking at a breathless Baekhyun from saying so much all at once and so fast.

Baekhyun was always a talker; he could ramble on forever (who needed people to talk to when Byun Baekhyun could hold a conversation just fine on his own?). He was also very animated and emotional, but when he said all he had told to Jongdae all at once, anger and hurt in his voice, Dae knew Baekhyun was more serious about this whenever.

Byun Baekhyun may be emotional and a talker, but Kim Jongdae was stubborn and firm, and wasn't about to give into Baekhyun's ramblings.

"Baekhyun, all I did was ask if you wanted to go to graduation." Jongdae sighed, crossing his arms. "If you don't want to go, you don't have to."