[COFFEE] V / To Get Over You, I'll Get Under Him

WARNINGS: Mentions of suicide; mentions of alcohol use; implied sexual references

-Day 16; June 15th, 2017-

"I'm going into town!" Kim Jongin cried. He stood in the foyer of his house, shoving his feet sloppily into his shoes.

"Be back before dark!" his mother yelled back. "Don't get kidnapped!"

"I'm taking the car!"

"Don't mess it up or I'll mess you up!"

As Jongin drove into the busy city, he went over what he wanted to say. What he wanted; how much he had.

He convinced himself this was apart of his process in getting over Lee Taemin, and that any guilt or longing he felt was normal and was to be pushed aside.

He convinced himself he never really loved Lee Taemin. They were too 'on-again off-again' and spent too much time apart for him to have any real feelings for him.

He convinced himself moving on was the best option for everyone as he pushed the door to the coffee shoppe open, standing in line.

Making it look as if he was trying to sneak a glance at the menu, Jongin craned his neck to get a look at the baristas.

There he was, dark hair trimmed short and swept atop his head, white apron tied around his neck.

"Bring any alcohol for me today?" Jongin asked when he approached the counter.

Pretty Boy glanced up at him, and Jongin would swear on his grave that he cracked a slight smile, which quickly disappeared afterwards.

"Perhaps." he mused. "Depends on what your offer is."

"My offer depends on how much you want."

"I'll tack on however much I want, then."

"Sounds like a deal."

"How many shots do you want?"

"How many does it take to count as an overdose?"

Pretty Boy glanced up, marker hovering above the plastic cup he was about to scribble on. "I'm not helping you in assisted suicide. Hyejeong may, though."

Jongin faked a scoff. "What's the point, then?"

"The point is," he began, finally meeting the pen to the plastic. "is that you need to stick around and show up here when I work to bribe me to put shots of alcohol in your coffee so I can pay off all my university expenses."

"Jokes on you, I can't even pay all of my university expenses."

The boy laughed, setting the cup down on the counter. "Get out of here before I charge you more."

Jongin walked out of the coffee shoppe a few moments later, another two digits written on his cup- 38.

~•~

-Day 17; June 18th, 2017-

For the third day in a row, at the same time, Kim Jongin entered the coffee shoppe.

"Riddle me this," Jongin started, leaning on the counter. Pretty Boy looked at him, waiting. "Perhaps I've just been gone too long, but I don't think people write numbers on cups."

He blinked at Jongin, and then picked up a new cup, quickly scribbling on it.

"Perhaps add these two to them and you may have yourself a phone number." he handed him the cup, and Jongin walked out of the coffee shoppe that day with an empty plastic cup.

jonginini: hello?

kyungsoo93: whatever you're selling,I don't want it.

jonginini: but I've buying off of you for the past three days

kyunsgoo93: I thought you were trying to sell me something. Didn't recognize the number.

jonginini: I am trying to sell you something 😉

kyungsoo93: I'm very conflicted on whether I like the sounds of that or not.

jonginini: I'm trying to sell you my love 

jonginini: 💕💜💖💗💞💓

jonginini: Everything is 100% Off in my bedroom 

kyungsoo93: that was incredibly cheesy yet smooth.

kyungsoo93: do you have a car?

jonginini: Yea

jonginini: Why?

jonginini: you some kind of gold digger or smth 

kyungsoo93: my shift ends at 3:30. pick me up and we'll go out for lunch. 

jonginini: sounds like a deal

kyungsoo93: you don't happen to keep a bottle of tequila in the back of your car, no?

jonginini: I do now

kyungsoo93: Good.