Enter, Naruto Uzumaki.

“Hikaru-San, how do you like it so far in Konoha?” Sarutobi Hiruzen, the Third Hokage of Konohagakure no Sato asked as the tall pale blonde haired boy entered his office with a look of excitement and anxiety. He couldn’t really blame him. He was going to take a big and rare step in his ninja career.

Hikaru smiled kindly at the old man. “It’s peaceful here Hiruzen-Sama; although, the villagers are still afraid of me, but I can’t really blame them. I just hope they see that I’m no threat to them soon. I feel like a criminal when they look at me with those fear filled eyes.” Hikaru said honestly as he took a seat in a chair that was in front of the desk in which Konoha’s leader was sitting at.

Sarutobi chuckled lightly. “Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I used to get the same looks when I visited other villages in my younger days. But off to other important matters, have you decided on which path to take?” he asked seriously.

Hikaru bit down on his new silver lip ring and sighed deeply. He had thought about it for sure. If he were to be a regular jonin, he might have to take on a genin team soon and he was more than positive that he didn’t want to take that route. If he were to become a hunter-nin, he would travel by himself and hunt down enemy ninja’s for their bounties. But, if he were to become an ANBU, he would be part of a squad and learn to work with other’s. The hunter-nin path is dangerous yet lonely. He wasn’t sure whether or not he wanted to be alone all over again.

“I would like to… I would like to join the ANBU forces, Hiruzen-Sama.” Hikaru replied positively.

“Are you absolutely sure, Hikaru-San?” Hikaru nodded in agreement. Sarutobi smiled then called out, ‘Weasel!’ in which a man with black hair tied in a low pony tail with a Weasel mask dropped down from the roof and landed on his knee in a respectful manner and said, “Hokage-Sama?”

“Weasel-San, I have here a new recruit for your squad; just like you asked for. I’m sure you have heard of young Hikaru here?” Sarutobi asked casually as he watched how the Weasel masked man looked over at Hikaru and nodded.

“Yes, Hokage-Sama.”

“He’s a master swordsman, knows many jutsu’s and is quite fast on his feet if I must say so myself. He could be on par with Maito Gai in time you know. I know he would be perfect for your squad Weasel-San.” Sarutobi said with conviction that caught the Weasel masked man off guard for a second before he regained his composure.

“Of course, Hokage-Sama.”

Sarutobi smiled at the both of them and said, “Good luck Hikaru. And although you have only been here for half a year, I know you will make me proud.”

A light blush crossed Hikaru’s cheeks from the compliment from such a powerful man. “Thank you, Hokage-Sama.”

They said their goodbyes with Hikaru following the ANBU Captain out of the office.

“Hm, he finally called me Hokage-Sama.” Sarutobi said lowly with another light chuckle before he glared heatedly at the high stack of paper work that had magically appeared on his desk.

Another four months passed by quickly for Hikaru, and to be honest with himself, he was quite exhausted but satisfied with his life.

He was always busy with missions and he had become close with his ANBU team. His team included Itachi Uchiha, the young fifteen year old team captain; a nineteen year old girl named Rangiku Ryuichi, a busty raven haired girl who loved to flirt and drink, but never took her flirting farther than a few teasing words. The last member of the team was Jonsi Matsuda, a tall and tanned twenty year old with a quiet personality. The guy was a genius, and usually always had something logical to say. When Hikaru was first introduced to his team members, they had been tense because they have heard and read about him and the things they learned about him were not pretty. But just like everyone else who focused on his personality and not his reputation grew to love him.