Chapter Fifteen

"If you two had a kid, would they leave behind a purple streak when they ran?" Green Light asked.

I nearly choked on my smoothie. We had been waiting for Dark Skies to show up for almost an hour. We were in their territory, in the parking lot of an abandoned building. The strawberry smoothie was a little ridiculous, considering we could be confronted any minute, but I was thirsty.

Head Rush was speechless. We exchanged a glance before returning to stare at Green Light.

"You know," Green Light said. "Since you leave behind a red blur and Blue Blur leaves, well, a blue blur-"

There was an explosion of laughter from behind us. I whirled around to see Aphrodite laugh so hard she doubled over. Red Wave looked ready to rip my heart out, while Dare coughed to cover up his laughter. There was a built blonde I had never seen beside him, dressed in casual clothing with a grey mask covering his entire face.

Coldfront just looked confused. He tilted his head. "Um, did we interrupt at the wrong time?" He glanced at the smoothie in my hand. "Hey, is that a smoothie?"

Before I could respond, Red Wave practically snarled, "You're dating Head Rush?"

"What? No! I'm not dating-That isn't even important!"

Coldfront gestured to my smoothie. "Can I have the rest of that? I'm parched."

I chucked the smoothie at him. He dodged it, then gasped when it spilled all over the ground. He turned back to me, thoroughly offended. "That was just rude, Blue Blur!"

When Aphrodite recovered from her fit of hysteria, she straightened up and asked, "Why are you on our territory?"

"To fight," Head Rush deadpanned. "Wasn't it obvious?"

"I never took Night as an organization to look for trouble," Coldfront remarked. "Aren't you missing some people? Want for us to wait for them to show up?"

"Stop taunting us," Green Light said.

I darted to Aphrodite, grabbing her as I ran. Head Rush followed closely behind with Red Wave. We placed them halfway across the city, then hurried back to the scene in less than ten seconds. I paused to catch my breath.

In the short time I was gone, Coldfront had created a wall of ice around him. Green Light wasn't phased, already melting it with her eyes. Coldfront huffed, then knocked her out of the sky with a strong gust of wind. She landed by the new addition to Dark Skies.

I ran forward, unaware the ground was coated in ice. This caused me to slam into the remainder of Coldfront's ice wall. I stared up at the sky for a moment, stunned. Coldfront peered down at me like he couldn't believe I was that stupid.

"I think I broke something," I said with a groan.

Head Rush, in a moment of pure idiocy, made the same mistake as he tried to help me up.

Coldfront shook his head. "I can't believe you two idiots."

Head Rush sat up, rubbing his arm. "At least we aren't murderers and liars, right?"

"I dare you to stop talking," Dare said.

Head Rush tried to speak but quickly found himself unable to. He glared at Dare before helping me up. I immediately slipped, trying to step towards Coldfront.

"Are you kidding me?" I seethed.

Dare snickered. "You're on thin ice."

I cleared my throat, covering up my laugh. Standing on shaking legs, I sped up my reaction time, slipping towards Coldfront. He was moving in slow motion as I took his gun out of the holster on his leg. I threw it across the parking lot as I tripped him.