2: Of Friendships & Griefs

"And I know we weren't perfect but I've

never felt this way for no one.

And I just can't imagine how you could

be so okay now that I'm gone"

Dirvers license- Olivia Rodrigo
________________________

I remained sick, miserable and broken laying under the tree for what it seemed like ages of me thinking about all of our memories.

I'm feeling so clingy at the moment. Proceed, Emma! He filled your heart with scars and yet surrendered your fight as easy as breathing, but how can I move on? It's is as hard as standing in front of a train while wishing survival.

A shadow interrupted my thoughts and tears. It was a tall boy with a black hair who's wearing a navy hoodie and denim jeans, which was kinda weird 'cause all the boys who attend these types of parties "dress to impress" but he seemed careless about the appearance -Like Me-

His remarkable blue headphones that were wrapped around his neck were the reason for me acknowledging him quickly: he rarely took it off. Justin Trainor, the nerdy newcomer, who never talked to anyone about his past that was too shady.

I almost jumped when he sat down beside me. There was about a person-size space between us but still, I was afraid. What if the rumors didn't lie and he was a serial killer?

I assume he read my mind so he gazed straight into my eyes. I can read the personalities and the intentions from the eyes. His eyes were crystal clear which meant that he's going to talk truthfully and he's not gonna fool me. They were deep brown, too dark that can be mistaken for black. It had golden speckles dancing in them. Each droplet of them was carrying a message and narrating a story. I saw grief, pain, anger, hope, and reassurance. I felt that time froze at that moment, as fate is telling me a message to trust him.

His words as well helped in soothing me and believing the hypothesis. He muttered without breaking the eye contact, "I don't know why are you lamenting and I respect if you don't want to tell me but I have a solution to calm you down. I do it every time the world gets the best of me." Then, he grabbed a tissue from his pocket and handed it to me. I wiped my blackish tears with it, then whispered to him, "What is the plan?"

He stood up and pulled my wrists saying, "Follow me." I nodded my head following his lead until we reached the doors of his blue Mini Cooper that seemed to be the year's model.

When he asked me to enter it, my jaw literally dropped. He couldn't help but grin warmly at my face. It was my dream car. I didn't hesitate a second and entered. It was as elegant from outside as stunning from inside. The passenger seat was ultimately comfortable and the engine's voice while speeding up was awesome. Now I'm pretty sure that I should throw my 2002's model Ford Grand Marquis in the nearest dustbin.

The awkward silence surrounded us for a while, so I decided to break it by asking him to turn on the music. He nodded and the songs started playing. Looking at the playlists he had, I found out that his music taste was varying. It ranged from "Numb by Linkin Park" to "Let it go(frozen theme song) by Idina Menzel" which was a thing that I liked; it's similar to mine.

I complimented him saying, "You have nice tunes."

He looked at me happily like a kid, "I thought that I'm the only one who has such an ominous taste."

I replied, "That now makes the two of us."

In the rest of the ride, we were calm. Not because of the overthinking of mine or the fearing of him, but we were enjoying the rhythm in the background. The hell of the sound system was doing wonders to me. I should be grateful to him. He distracted me by the awesomeness of the vehicle.