Chapter 1

Mia's POV

"I, I'm really sorry Mia! I love you but just as a best friend."

Those words he said will remain in my mind forever.

Let me introduce myself, I'm Mia and no I'm nothing like Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries.

I’m 16.

I have light brown eyes, wavy hair that falls down just above my waist, 5'7 in height.

Im Single. But sadly, in love. In love with my best friend.

I'm not the skinny sluts you find in books. I'm just a normal teenager with a few friends.

born in England but living in America. You can't really categorize me as the ‘geeky’ type either because I'm not that smart. I'm just average. In almost every field.

I'm 16 yet I’ve never had a boy friend. And never been kissed.

A few months ago I fell in love. And with not just anyone but with my best friend. Typical love story huh?

Not really there is actually a twist to it.

Just a week after I confessed my love to Aaron a.k.a. my best friend, my dad broke the news that we were moving to America.

"Whoohoo!"

That's what a normal teenager would have said. I like the idiot I am, on the other hand cried.

Yes! I cried because I realized I had to leave everything behind and start all over. I had to leave my school, my friends, and most importantly the guy I love with all my heart and soul.

Yeah! It sucks to be me!

“But you gotta accept life as it is” my friend says.

I guess.

As they say, 'God only gives challenges to those who can handle it.' That made me feel good. But only a little.

So here I am, sitting in my room, Dreaming about that boy who will never be mine and I eventually fall asleep.

-----(Next morning)-----

"Miaaaaaaaaa!" my sister screams as she jumps on my bed.

"What?!" I say in a sleepy voice.

"School, sis! Duh! Get up" And with that she leaves my room.

Ugh! School.

Ever since I shifted I never felt like going to school. Not that my social life is a wreck but because the subjects I chose are just so boring that I would rather jump inside a well than study them.

Slowly I open my eyes and get out of bed and take a quick shower, wear some decent clothes and run downstairs to grab breakfast.

I quickly grab an apple and run towards the door.

"Mia get back here this instant."

My mom said in her motherly voice.

"But mom I'm getting late. The bus will be here any second" I protest.

"I don't care. I want you to sit down and have a proper breakfast."

"But mom...."

"No buts! Or you are grounded"

Thump!

I sit down on the chair mumbling a few curses.

"What was that?" my dad asks

"Oh nothing " I smile sweetly.

After a quick breakfast I run to the bus stop to find my best friend sanding there.

"Hey, Mia!"

"Hi, Dani!"

Daniel has been a really sweet and supportive guy since I joined school a year ago. We always go to school and back home together.

"Why you late, huh?" he asks

"Oh you know! Mom...." I reply

He chuckles.

He knows how my mom is the "You should have a healthy diet" type so he finds my fights with my mom amusing.

We talked about random things till we reach school.

"Oh the weather is just perfect!" I say excitedly

"Yeah, perfect weather for both of us to..." he winks.

Daniel might be my best friend but he still is a flirt. I don't think guys who don't flirt at all even exist in this world. When we met we promised each other that we will not ruin our friendship even if one of us falls for each other.

"Gross Daniel." I laugh and mutter with disgust.

"Ok I got to get to class before I get detention. Bye sweetheart." He says with another wink.

"Bye..." I say cheerfully

I get to class just in time and sit at my regular seat with Claire. Claire is my Chemistry study partner and she's really fun to hang out with.

"Hey Claire"

"Hey Mia. How's lover boy?" she asks with a wink

I roll my eyes and reply "Oh he's charming as always!"

"Yeah, right. Your sarcasm bores me!" She snorts.

"You calling Daniel lover boy disgusts me. You know we are just friends!" I reminded herfor maybe the 100th time.

"Yeah! Yeah! Whatever!" She smiles, sticking her tongue out.

The class starts and I feel like sleeping , as usual.

Suddenly Mr Carter says "Miss Evans!"

Snapping back to reality, I reply "Yes, sir?"

"Where is your assignment file? Yours is the only one I haven't got in the whole class"

"Oh crap!’ I mutter in a low voice. “It's in my locker, sir! I can get it for you right now if you want."

"Very well! But hurry up!" He says .

"Yes sir" And with that I leave class to get to my locker.

'Wow! The hallways are so quite today!' I notice.

I reach for my jean pocket and take out my locker keys to get my file out. It's takes about a minute for me to locate my file in the locker.

As I head back to class humming the tune of "Want U Back" by Cher Llyod. I stop abruptly and my folder falls to the ground. My eyes widen!

"Aaron?!" I exclaim.