Chapter 3

Please Read and

Vote 

Thank You ^^

______________________________________________________________________________

 Chapter 3 

I jerked from my seat saying "What the hell!" 

"Language Miss Evans! That is no way to treat a new student. Now will you please sit down."Mrs Becca said. 

Turning towards Aaron she continued "Mr Lanter please take a seat" 

He came and sat directly opposite me since there wasn’t any place left.

Great! Just great!

"What are you doing here?" I asked him still trying to get over the fact that he is here.

"Nice to see you too!" He replied with that gorgeous smile of his.

"But-" as I began to speak Mrs Becca said "Miss Evans will you please be quiet."

"Yes, ma’am " I replied.

As soon as the class got over I rushed out of class.

I got into an empty class room and Daniel came inside.

"Hey Mia, you ok?" He asked.

"I, I just can't believe it." My voice came out barely a whisper and eyes widened the size of golf balls.

"Believe what?" he asked, sounding absolutely worried.

I told him all about Aaron.

How I had a crush on him and he didn’t like me as anything more than a friend and how I hadn't spoken to him since a year since I was trying to move on.

"Ok. So, if he lived in England then what the hell is he doing here?" He asked with great curiosity.

"I wish I knew Dan." I replied with a sigh.

"Hey, listen. I gotta get to class so I'll see you at lunch ok? Daniel said with a smile.

I smiled back and said "Ok sure. See you later Dan."

Before leaving, he gave me a tight hug with a huge smile “Everything is gonna be ok, alright! So, don’t worry.”

“I hope so, Dan. I hope so!” 

I just sat in the classroom thinking.

Why was he here? 

All of a sudden why does he just show up when I’m trying to get over him? 

No warning? Nothing!

There were millions of questions running on my mind and I wanted answers.

I rushed out of the empty class and went to the biology lab, since we had biology practicals this period.

Not seeing Aaron in the lab, I wondered where he went.

I looked around.

The hallway was empty.

I thought hard as to where he would have gone.

                              The basketball court.

Yeah! He always goes there when he's thinking.

I ran towards the court and stopped to catch my breath.

As I had guessed, he was there.

“I love basketball. It's the only sport that gets my mind off things. You should try it too. Trust me you'll love it.”

He once told me. Since then I became a basketball player myself.

“Oh hey, Mia! Sorry I didn’t see you there." Aaron said sheepishly.

"Hey, can we talk? Or are you busy? Cause if you are I totally understand and we can just talk later or something I -" I was speaking and he cut me off.

"Relax Mia! We can talk! I'm not busy. Just thinking." He said with a chuckle.

"I know. That's why you’re here "I said.

"You remembered" he said with his smile.

I smiled back and said "Yeah." 

"So? Care to enlighten me on your sudden appearance to my school." I asked.

"Oh yeah. The thing is my dad changed his job since he got a better offer with this new company. So, my mom and me had to shift too. I didn’t even know I was shifting to your school until yesterday. We came to New York just a week back. My dad brought a house and found New Land High School to be the closet to our place so he got me enrolled here. It was hard getting in since it's the middle of the year but as you are already aware of how smart I am" He said smugly.

Which earned him a smack on his chest from my side.

"Ouch" he said dramatically.

"So, why didn’t you tell me you were moving? I mean a simple 'Hey Mia! Just wanted to let you know I'm moving to New York so see you soon' would have sufficed." I said.

"The thing is I didn't have time and since we hadn't talked to each other for so long, I, I thought you forgot me or something." He said as he ruffled his hair.

"I can never forget you Aaron. No matter what happens." I said with great seriousness.

Suddenly realizing what I had just said my hands automatically covered my mouth.

"Seriously?" he said as his face glowed with happiness.

"Umm yeah! Whatever!" I said trying to avoidthe topic.

I glanced at my watch "Oh crap! It's Biology." I said.

"Even I have Biology." he said.

"Oh cool. Let's go. I'll show you around sometime. After all we were best friends once." I said with a smile and walked out.

Aaron followed her.