Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Mia's POV

We stood there completely still, gazing into each other’s eyes for what felt like ages.

After a few seconds I snapped back to reality.

I yelped in pain "Ouch!"

"What's wrong?" Aaron asked with a concerned voice.

I had managed to hit my right foot with the chair when I fell.

"My foot hurts." I told him.

He carried me to the living room, carefully placed me on the couch and that is when the unexpected happened. My heart started beating faster.

"Where do you keep the first aid box?" He asked me.

"It's in the cupboard over there." I said, pointing to the cupboard.

He walked over to the cupboard and got the red box. He walked back to me and asked "Ok. Where does it hurt?"

I showed him where it hurt and he applied some medicated cream, which reeked, on it.

Since when did he become this caring? Hmm maybe it's just an act since he has to be nice cause our parents aren't here.

Crap! That reminds me I need to go to Daniel’s house.

"Thanks, Aaron. I have to go to Daniel’s house. See ya!" I said as I was getting up and walking- well I was trying to walk since it was hard to do so with my damaged leg- towards the door.

"I knew you weren't that smart but I never knew you were this stupid either." Aaron said with his arms crossed.

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"What?" I asked.

"You can hardly walk inside the house and you want to walk all the way to Daniel’s house?" He said, amused.

I rolled my eyes "I can walk perfectly fine now." I said and I demonstrated by walking a few steps and yelped in pain and in a flash Aaron was beside me holding me in place by my waist.

"See?" He said.

"Aaron, I really have to go to his house."

"I'm sure he would understand that you hurt yourself, Mia."

"I really need to go." I said, stubborn.

I had to talk to him. He was clearly pissed at me last night.

"Fine. But I'll go with you then, ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." I replied

I mean what harm could it be?

So we left to go to Daniel’s house, Aaron supporting me the whole 2 minute journey.

When we reached our ‘destination’, we saw Daniel sitting on the swing outside his house with his headphones on and singing along to the song.

I stopped and Aaron asked me "Why did you stop?"

I hushed him up.

Daniel was a great singer, he and I both knew it but he didn't sing in front of anyone but Alyson and I.

I didn't want him to stop singing that's why I stopped Aaron from walking.

I pointed towards Daniel and Aaron followed my finger. After noticing Daniel singing Aaron said ‘Oh’ in a soft voice.

"Tell me I'm a screwed up mess

That I never listen listen

Tell me you don't want my kiss

That you need your distance

Tell me everything but don't you say he's what you're missing baby

If he's the reason that you're leaving me tonight

Spare me what you're thinking

Tell me a lie

Oh oh oh oh

Tell me a lie."

As soon as he finished, I smiled and applauded. He noticed us and removed his headphones and walked toward us ruffling his hair and smiling sheepishly. Then, suddenly his face was filled with concern.

"Mia? Are you ok? Why are you standing like that? What happened to your leg? Come sit down." He starts panicking.

"Relax Dan, I'm fine. Btw, weren’t you the one who said ‘I hate One Direction’. Just a week back?" I asked with amusement.

"They are- I know better than to argue with you on this subject." He said.

"Yeah, you do." I winked at him.

He knows how much I love One Direction and doesn't say anything against them cause last time he did that I threatened that I would stop talking to him and who knew that would work? But it did.

"Anyway, do you guys want to come inside?" Daniel asked gesturing towards his house.

"Sure." I replied.

Aaron was going to help me inside when Daniel said "I'll take it from here."

Aaron smiled, a real or a fake one I have no clue, but I guess it's real. We walked inside with Daniel helping me and we sat on the counter table in the kitchen.

"Where's Katy and Mrs. Ross?" I asked.

"Mom’s gone to her friend’s house and Katy is at school." He replied.

"School on a Saturday?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah she has a function in her school." He replied, disinterested.

Was it just me or was Daniel irritated by Aaron's presence.

"What do you want to have?" Daniel asked Aaron, trying to be nice. I think.

"I'll just have water please" He replied with a smile.

"Since when did you become so nice?" I asked Aaron.

Aaron just sat there motionless but replied after a few seconds "Since the day I lost you."

"What?" Daniel and I said in unison.

Aaron stated with wide eyes, probably shocked because of what he just said.

"I umm have to make a call, I'll be right back." He excused himself from the table.

"But-" before I had a chance to complete my sentence, he walked out of the kitchen.

"What was that about?" Daniel asked confused.

"You think I know?" I answered.

Seriously, what was that? 'Sine the day I lost you.' I thought he didn't care. Even though he was my best friend it's still hard to understand him and his sudden outburst of emotions.

"Ok. I’ll just use the washroom and come back, ok?" I said.

"Do you need help?" He offered.

"What? No! You, pervert." I said with disgust.

"I meant do you need help walking to the washroom and you are calling me a pervert." He said with his goofy grin.

"Oh my bad. No, it’s ok. I can walk." I said sheepishly and left the kitchen.