chapter 8

Jane

I did not expect her to faint. I walked up to her and picked her up and carried her to the car.

As I walked up the hill I wondered why she had her bag and some of her clothes. Did she find out about what I am? Did she try to run away?what is happening to my sweet kitten, why did the moon goddess put her in that family and why did she pair us up?

As I looked down at my angel , I realize she's so small and cute. Her nose is so small and her lips are puffy like a marshmallow and I just want to taste and eat it up. She's wearing a loose T-shirt and a very loose jean that looks like it's about to fall off. I wonder if she's been beaten. I just want to see but I don't want her to think I'm a pervert so I'll just wait until she's ready.

I put her carefully in the backseat and started driving to the pack house. Soon to be Kayla's house and family. The way my mom and dad spoke about Hank and Claire made me think that maybe they are bad, because they had a bad time but then again why did they beat Kayla she's just an innocent girl. If they didn't want children then why did they have Kayla. They can't just have her and then abuse her don't they have a heart or feelings. She's so small how can they?

I haven't noticed that I have been in front of the pack house just staring at it. I sighed and climbed out. I opened the door and picked Kayla up. I started walking to the pack house once I was in, I saw Ben my beta and Lexy my 3 in command,watching tv. I have known them my whole life. All of us were cared the same year and on the same date we were born,with our moms in the same room. We are 19  (don't remember if I did say how old she was) and I'm the only one with my mate, but I have a feeling that Brenda and Brendon are mates. The way they look at each other with love and affection it's like mates. They will know by tonight though. I am soon to be alpha so I will know beforehand who is my mate. Just the thought of the first time I saw Kayla makes my heart skip a 100 times faster. The way she walked and her eyes looked at me like it was looking into all my secrets. She's like an angel who fell from heaven and here she is laying in my arms sleeping with the small sweet noises of her snores. She's so unbeliev......

"Nxaa Ben look at her she looks like a love-sick wolf " Lexy's voice brought me out of my thoughts about my mate. She's so annoying at times and this is one of those times.

"Uggh Lexy I told you she's going to be like that and soon you will to,just 4 more hours and we both will be," Ben is the smart and right one between the two of them. That's why his my beta but also because his father is my father's beta and so on it goes and soon my son or daughter will also have his as their beta.

"Yesss I know but look at the small thing in her arms. She's so cute I can just eat her up," I growled at the thought of that.

"Mine"Jane said out loud.

"Sorry guys but can you please not talk about my mate like that , and get your asses up NOW and go get the bags in the car" I growled out "thank you."

I walked upstairs to my room and laid Kayla on it. She snuggled into my pillow and let out a moan. I smiled at the thought of my mate liking the smell of me.

"Honey look at her,she has the same look you when you look at me" I heard my mom say."Do I ever have privacy in this house?" I turned around and saw my mom and dad, uncle John and his mate Le-anne, Ben and Lexy and Storm all staring at me with amused smiles.

"Mom, dad and everyone else this is Kayla my mate" I said while smiling down at Kayla.

"Uummm Jane why is you're mate sleeping. Omg is she drunk or high, is she poisoned. Storm GET the doctor! Fast" before my mom can say anything else I interrupted her.

"No Storm don't and no mom there's nothing wrong with her ,she just fainted after I told her what I am," I heard them taking in a breathe. Before they can say anything I said "And she did look fine and said some words and then just fainted. So if we could all please go into the living room and not make a noice it will make my wolf more at ease," we all walked into the living room and sat down.

No one said anything we all just stared at each other. What can we say , there's nothing to say. I  could not just sit like that.

"Would one of you like to have coffee?" everyone said yes and I went into the kitchen. After making coffee for everyone I went and made sure Kayla was okay.

When I got there she was snuggled up in my pillow and laying like a Starfish. I picked up the blanket and covered her up I don't want her to get a cold she's all I have to hold my heart and I don't want a 'second mate' there's a very slim chance you will find one. And if she dies I will be lost I don't know how my wolf will survive the empty feelings. I felt my wolf whimper at the thought of our mate dying.

As I went to stand up I felt someone grab a hold of my arm and pulled me down. I almost fell on her. Ugh my mate is a cuddler and it's so cute. I went to lay next to her and cuddled her and welcomed the darkness.