Chapter 0.6

Izuku had jumped before Shouto had gotten to the ledge he had been standing on, it was all in his hands now. The feeling of the bitter winter cold on your face is like a slap. It stings for a while, until it goes numb. He was falling backwards off of the tall, tall building. Ready for the split second of harsh impact when he hit the ground, and then nothing, ever again.

His eyes were shut tightly, as he awaited his fate...but it never happened. All he felt was warmth, and wetness. He opened his eyes to see that Katsuki had caught him. Also, that he was...crying?

"You damned nerd," the blonde sobbed, "Are you stupid or something?!" His choked shouts were hurting Izuku's ears, so he tried to pull away from the other teen. This only caused him to tighten his grip on him. He wasn't going to let him go, not now, not ever.

Katsuki let Shouto look over the ledge to see that the freckles boy was alright, before taking him back to his home. The door was unlocked, and the two teens were hit with a fresh wave of freezing air as soon as the door opened. They stepped inside.

"Where's your mom?" The blonde asked.

"Gone," the smaller boy said numbly, "She left, and she's not coming back."

"Oh," the blonde stated shortly, "Well, let's get you to bed."

Izuku was still in his trance, until they hit the stairs. He snapped out of his mindlessness, and tried to get away. It was just the stairs. His face flushed as he realized he was being held in a bridal like manner.

"Katsuki!" The boy whined, "Let me down!"

"First of all," The ash blonde started, "You can call me Kacchan. Hell, even Bakugou for all I care, just not Katsuki." The greenette nodded silently.

"And second of all; I am not letting you go until I know you're safe." Katsuki walked them both up the stairs, and into the boy's room. It was bare, only a bed, a closet, and a small desk. It was also freezing.

Katsuki set the boy on his bed and told him to stay. He walked over to grab the blanket from the desk. Upon further inspection, there was a small metal box on the desk. He opened and nearly fell to his knees at the sight. He was upset, he was angry, and he was confused. 

"Deku," Izuku's heart skipped a beat at his beloved nickname, "Come with me." Katsuki's tone was serious. The blonde grabbed the boy, and the box, and preceded to walk to the bathroom. 

He opened the toilet lid, and emptied the contents on the box in the bowl, flushing it quickly. Izuku stood there in awe, his razors were gone. They weren't going to be there when he needed them. He made a small mewling sound in protest.

"This is for your own good," Katsuki stated, and brought them back to the bedroom. He laid the boy on the bed, and wrapped him tightly with the blanket. 

"I'll be right outside your door," the taller male said calmly as he started to walk towards the door. A hand rigged his wrist back.

"Please don't leave me," Izuku cried quietly, "It's so cold and-and-" Before he could finish, Katsuki was lying right next to him, his arms holding him close. Protectively. They both sighed in delight as they greeted each other's warmth greatly. They fell right asleep.

*December 26th*

Izuku awoke to the cold again, thinking it was all some dream. A horrible, horrible dream. Until he heard Katsuki yelling at something. Someone. He got quiet, and began to eavesdrop.

"He's a fucking mess Mom! Inko has gone off to God knows where, he doesn't even have heat in this house! I'm staying with him! I can't send him there, he'll become a fucking vegetable! He had no one, so I'm going to be there for him!" He then seemed to calm down a bit.

"Yeah, I know. He just needs me Mom! I'll get a job, and help him live again! Thank you so fucking much, you're the best. I love you." And then he hung up, while walking towards the bedroom. He saw the fragile boy seeming to be wide awake at this point.

"You heard that, huh?" The blonde asked. Izuku only nodded. The larger male walked over to the bed, and sat down. Enveloping himself and Izuku within the blanket. Holding each other close.

"Why are doing this for me, Kacchan?" Izuku asked, only earning a confused looking from the other male, "I mean, why are you helping me? I thought you hated me, wanted me to die." Katsuki shushed the younger male. Shaking his head slightly.

"Because I love you."

Author's note: Woo, I very much enjoyed writing this! It's so cute and shit. Anyway, not much to say except I'm making my version of Bakugou a very soft, compassionate person. I hope you enjoyed this, see you tomorrow because I'm done writing for today.

Date published: December 26th, 2018

Word count: 818