Ch1 - Dreams

Clove looked down into the black book in front of her, covered with words and letters. She started to write in it almost a year ago, the first time she met Cato. Ever since, she had been writing down in the journal what he did, what they did together and how she felt about him. Most of the pages was filled with sentences about how beautiful, handsome and amazing Cato was. After a couple of weeks in the same classes they started talking, and they became really good friends. She had always wanted to become something more than friends, but the possibility was too small.

She sighed and closed the book. Another page gone, only to how brilliant his hair looked in the sunlight. How could she possibly be so obsessed about him? They had talked at the academy earlier and decided that he was going to come over to her house in the evening, for some ”hanging out”. Nowadays he came by often and they always had a great time. They hadn't decided a specific time so she waited patiently for his arrival. After the dinner she had nothing to do but wait, so she went up to her bedroom and took out her journal again. She wanted to write something more about the stunning creature that was soon coming to visit her. With the book in her knees and a pen in her hand, she thought about him for a few moments before she started to write about his gorgeous eyes. She knew that it was actually really pathetic, she could just say something to him but she didn’t have the guts to do so. She could throw knifes like no one else and fight people with swords, but didn’t have the courage to tell Cato that she really liked him, or actually loved him.

After a while, when the time had slipped past midnight she was almost sleeping with her head in the book, so she put away the pen and closed the book. 'Cato can wake me up when he comes', she told herself and turned the light off. With a yawn she put the Journal under her pillow and then her head over it, so it was safe with her.