Ch2 - Black Book

Cato was late, as usual. He swore to himself on the way to Clove's house and looked down at the clock that was placed on his arm, forced there by Clove. Two o’clock in the morning.

"Shit," He murmured irritated when he reached her house and stopped outside her window. He sighed, worried and started to climb up the fire ladder that was perfectly placed right beside her bedroom window. He didn't want to wake any of her family members by knocking on the front door since it was so late, so he rather climbed up directly to her window.

"I really hope you're not asleep", he whispered to himself, referring to Clove, when he reached the window and jumped down on the floor inside the bedroom.

He looked down at the bed only to see that she was in deep sleep. He siched and tilted his head backwards in frustration.

"Why am I always late?" He asked himself angrily and sighed. He looked around the room and accidentally knocked down a little box from the bedside table. He reached down to the floor, quickly picked up the box and put it back in its place. He desperately wanted to wake the sleeping girl up, but still didn't. It had been a hard day on the academy and he knew that she was tired. He looked down at the sleeping Clove when he saw her move slightly. At first she thought that she had started to wake up, but he soon realized that she had only turned around in her sleep and taken the pillow with her. Right where the pillow had previously laid he could see a black book.

”What is this?” he said quietly and reached down to pick it up. Curiusly, He opend the book at a random page and started to read about himself, how beautiful and lovely he was and how Clove was madly in love with him. He raised his eyebrows in shock while he kept on reading, word after word.

With a smirk he took the book and sat down on the bedside, shaking Clove by her shoulder so that she would wake up. When she drowsily started to move he began to read a sentence from the book about his eyes with a loud voice. Her eyes fluttered open when she could hear someone talking. Before she realized what was going on, she looked around sleepily.

”Cato, is that you?” She asked while she still had no idea whats going on.

He laughed softly while he continued reading, finding it amusing that she was still unaware of the situation.

Her eyes grew wide and her face grew pale when the panic began to spread inside of her. She quickly knocked the book out of his hands, and it landed on the floor with a quiet thud. She looked up and saw his teasing smirk and her mind slowly started to work again.

”Oh no.” She whispered to herself and she could feel her stomach drop.