Ch4 - Out of line

”Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Cato asked and looked at Clove who was sitting with her legs crossed in front of her.

”I don’t know... I-I kind of thought you had a thing for, uhm, someone else..." She mumbled quietly and looked down into her lap. She felt her cheeks burn and she looked away awkwardly.

”Someone else? Have I sneaked in to anyone elses bedroom in the middle of the night the last couple of weeks?” He asked her with a laugh.

”Well, I don't know what you're doing every night you're not here!” She answered him with a soft laugh.

”I rarely talk to anyone besides you Clove, even at the academy!”

”It's not like I know about everyone you talk to.”She said quietly, still looking down but now smiling slightly.

”You’re the only girl I see Clove.”

”Really?” Her smile grew wider and wider.

He slowly leaned in towards her and stopped, only about an inch from her face, his lips almost touching hers.

”Really.”

”Cato?” She whispered, feeling her heart beating roughly in her throat.

”Yes?" He whispered back, looking straight into her eyes.

”Would it be totally out of line if I kissed you right now?”

He slowly leaned forward and erased the small space that was left and pressed his lips gently against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck the second time this night, and her eyes slipped shut as she kissed him back. After a couple of minutes, he slowly broke the kiss and pressed his forehead gently against hers.

”You have no idea how long I’ve waited to do that.” He whispered with his eyes shut, a smirk dancing across his lips.

”I could say the exact same.” She whispered back, also with a huge smile on her lips.

”You didn’t expect this to happen when you went to bed this night, did you?” He asked her with a soft laughter as he slowly opened his eyes.

”No way, but I’m really glad it did.” She answered with a laugh. She leaned forward and gave him a quick peck on his lips.

”Would you like some breakfast, even if it's like four in the morning?”

”I would love that,” he answered, smiling.

”Follow me to Clove’s Restaurant!” She then said with an excited laugh. She slowly climbed out of the bed, opened the door and started to skip down the hall.

”AKA, my kitchen!”