Ch14 - The parade

Clove was standing right next to Lilum, waiting for Cato and his assistant to arrive. Her costume was a bit uncomfortable, but she didn't have the time to worry about that right now. She had to focus on the parade and on Cato first of all. Just as the thought hits her, he comes walking towards her. His smile is curved into a smile and his eyes is tinkling as he sees her.

"You are looking beautiful." He says as he gets to her. She smiles and looks away flattered.

"Thank you, I would say the same."

"Are you guys ready?" Enobaria asks over Cloves shoulder. Clove turns around to face her and nods with a slight smile.

"Yeah, I think so." She says as the butterflies in her stomach starts to fly around. Her nerves usually isn't a big problem, but this was something else. This wasn't a game, she wasn't going to sing a song or take a few dance steps in front of an audience. She was going to make an impression to the people in the Capitol. She was going to impress people, make them like her, make them want to lay money on her. Hopefully someone will at least bet on her, everything would be so much easier with a bit of help.

Nikon and Lilum shows them up in the chariots and fixes the last things on their costumes. Cato looks down at Clove with a smile.

"Good luck." He whispers right before the District 1 chariot drives off. Clove smiles as she looks up, and the chariot starts to move.

At first everything was a blur. Everywhere there are people clapping their hands, screaming and laughing. Clove looks around like she's starstruck, she don't know how to handle everything. When someone in the audience screams her name, she manage to wave her hand the way she thought it came form. Someone else shouted 'District 2' loud at her right, so she smiles wide in that direction.

She didn't like the attention, but just as she managed to get used to it, the crowd went completely wild. At first she thought that it was her and Cato they where cheering for, but she was wrong. When she looks up at the banners, hanging from the ceiling, she was looking directly at one of the tributes shining face. Clove lets out a small gasp at the girls beauty and the jealousy hits like a rock. She looked completely stunning, that girl. The crowd was out of control, screaming 'Katniss! Katniss!' over and over again.

Clove couldn't remember her from anywhere, which District she was from or anything. She was determed to find out though, she had to.