Wake Up Call

---------------------------- 

The next morning...8:30 a.m.

" Dude...your butt is in my face. "   Max grumbled sleepily as he lay on Jennifer's couch.

" Oh...my bad. " Dante groaned, half-awake, as he slept on the same couch as Max.

" I didn't say you could have a sleepover. " Jennifer's mother said, standing in the kitchen as Jennifer smiled sheepishly.

" Sorry, we just needed a place to chill after what happened. " Jennifer rubbed the back of her neck.

" I'll allow it. I hope that you aren't out there getting too hurt with those powers of yours. " Jennifer's mom kissed Jennifer's forehead. 

" Mom! I'm not a kid! " Jennifer shrieked, wiping off the kiss as her mother chuckled, " Okay, that reaction might make it seem like that's not the case, but-"

"Be quiet. " Her mother joked, walking upstairs as Michelle slowly walked into the kitchen.

" Hey..." Michelle mumbled. 

" Yo. " Jennifer replied, taking a seat as Michelle sat next to her.

" Jennifer...do you ever think-- do you ever think that they could've been something special between Ryan and me? " Michelle asked as Jennifer spat out some of her water in laughter.

" Ha! HA! HA! HA! HA!!- I mean, yeah. " Jennifer watched her groan, " Okay, sorry. I know my cousin; he's indecisive as hell when it comes to picking girls- he also is kind of a horn ball. Maybe, he does like you- maybe he just wanted to kiss someone. You'll have to hear that from him. "

" Noted. " Michelle mumbled, eating an orange.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

" I'll get it! " Karla yelled, waking up from sleeping on the stairs.

" Anyway, you shouldn't worry so much. If or when you two see each other again, you can sort things out. " Jennifer said as Michelle smiled half-heartedly. 

" Hey, guys, it's Atlas--" Karla started before the door burst open!

" WE GOTTA MOVE! NOW! " Atlas yelled, his shirt ripped into pieces along with his pants.

" What the hell happened to you? " Zoe asked, looking at his bruises and a bloody mouth.

"Ow... " Karla groaned as the door had slammed her into the wall.

" Look, I'll answer all of that soon. You guys need to follow me to Commander Levi right now! We don't have any time to waste. They're following me. " Atlas stumbled inside. 

" Who followed you..? " Zoe asked while raising an eyebrow.

Atlas' breaths kept getting faster and faster as he explained the whole situation about Damien and their attack. The teens all drew closer, listening to him as shadows appeared outside. Karla created a blood sword as Michelle's aura surrounded her. The shadows got closer and closer to the door as the area started to feel incredibly hot. Steam slowly crept under the door as Atlas turned around in his bloody garments and clenched fists.

DING! DONG! 

" Oh no, they're here! " Atlas cried out as he prepared to attack.

They all stood there, just waiting in silence. Dante and Max took a quick look at each other, confused about why nothing had happed. Then, using her abilities, Karla formed a whip of blood around her fingers. She extended it, reached out to the doorknob, and opened the door. A young man dressed in a blue and khaki uniform stared inside. His jaw dropped to the ground, seeing the bloody beaten man along with the teens all ready to fight. But, in his hands, he held a cardboard box, and that's when he realized what was wrong.

"D-delivery f-for A-Allison Jackson? " He stuttered, making all the heroes lower their guard.

Jennifer's mom ran from downstairs, all of the abnormals looking at her, still with their abilities in use. She took the package from his hands and smiled, completely ignoring the obvious elephant in the room. Then, after quickly signing a document, she walked straight into the kitchen, leaving the door wide open. Karla awkwardly extended her blood tendril, pulling the door shut as the mailman remained frozen in shock. Allision opened the cardboard box in excitement inside the kitchen, pulling out a new blender!

" I really got hyped...over a blender. " Dante grumbled.

" Hey, my mom just got one of those. They are outstanding. " Zoe said, looking at Allision smile over her package.