The Mysterious Wung Kang

------------------------------

As the beautiful sun fell under the horizon, an angry Ryan somersaulted high in the air.  Tony, Danae, and Suzie followed him home from behind, slowly creeping upon him. Ryan knew this, though; his heightened senses always alerted him of nearby danger. Ryan jumped across the broken rooves of his new neighborhood's houses; as he heard the creaking with every jump, and with every jump, a small cloud of dust appeared. "We got the best place in the city to stay in. " Ryan thought as he continued his dash to his home. Finally, Ryan jumped into the air and landed on the dusty, trash-covered sidewalk.

" So, we're not gonna talk about that terrorist attack? " Vaxis muttered.

" It's my fault. " Ryan mumbled.

" What how? "

" I...don't know. I should've been there. " Ryan looked at his palms, " I...maybe if I had the team I could've- "

Suzie crashlanded into some trashcans behind Ryan, creating a sound similar to many pots and pans knocking into each other. Ryan didn't even turn around, but he couldn't help but chuckle softly. Tony and Danae did a much softer landing, but their stealthy entrance failed as a fat, sizeable black-furred rodent ran across Danae's shoes. As if she had just seen a dead body, Danae let out a hellish scream that made Tony jump back into the street. Ryan slowly turned his head to the road as he stared at Tony with his lips pursed. 

" You know....you guys are HORRIBLE at stealth. " Ryan muttered as he gripped the straps of his backpack.

" That's why!- That's why you can teach us! " Suzie exclaimed, jumping out of the trashcans.

" Okay first lesson: Don't Follow People Home unless they are evil. " Ryan grumbled as he started walking down the sidewalk.

" Wait! Please train us! " Tony begged as he ran up to Ryan, tripping on his own two feet.

" What should I train you to tie your shoes first? " Ryan asked as Vaxis appeared on his shoulder.

" You're Riot. You can do anything! " Danae whisper-shouted.

" PISS OFF.  " Ryan snapped as Tony and Suzie jumped back, " I'm sorry. Things have been suckish' for me lately, and I...look, just give me some time alone alright. You guys can train yourselves, start with practicing how to use your powers first, in secret. "

" Thanks, Riot! "  Tony exclaimed as he grabbed Danae and flew off.

" Have a good evening! " Suzie shouted, zipping into the sky, leaving a trail of golden cartoonish-looking stars behind her. 

" Finally! I thought they'd never leave. " Vaxis groaned as Ryan laughed.

" Where did we find those bozos...? " Ryan murmured as he shook his head and scoffed.

Ryan continued his evening stroll towards his house. He could hear the crickets start to make their noise; he could see the lampposts beginning to turn on as the sky only got darker and darker. Then, out of nowhere, Ryan felt his scales start to vibrate and quickly turned to his left. He stretched out his hand and swiftly caught a flying object that was coming towards his face. He opened his fist to see a smooth, grey rock in his palm. " What the? " He thought as he stared at his hands. Then, without even looking, he caught another flying rock with the same hand. 

" Impressive. " A familiar voice said softly. 

Ryan looked in the direction of the voice, but all he saw were green leaves floating in the air. Another stone pitched forward, but Ryan leaned his head to the right, dodging it. " This is getting annoying. " Ryan thought as he heard the knocking of wood on an object. Three stones flew out of the darkness and hit the lightbulbs in the nearby lampposts. The area was now pitch black; the sky was covered in a sheet of night, not one star in sight. The sounds of whistles being blown interrupted the silence as Ryan dodged more stones.