Hospital Surprise!

--------------------------

Shortly after Segue finished demolishing the teens...

" How's she holding up, doc? " Ray asked, sitting in a chair and twiddling his thumbs and staring at Nichole.

" She's unconscious and severely injured. I'm glad you got her to me when you did, or she would've been dead. " The doctor replied, " How did you say she got these injuries again?"

" She got hit....by a truck. " Ray lied as he analyzed the doctor's receding hairline.

" It's a miracle that she's even breathing. There are even burn marks on her fingers and neck; what kind of truck was that? " The doctor questioned, running his wrinkly fingers through his grey beard.

" Uh...a flaming truck- I don't know. It just happened so fast. " Ray avoided eye contact with the doctor. 

" Well...you did a good thing, son, by bringing her here. Everything is going to be okay. " The doctor said softly as he rested his long arms on Ray's shoulder.

" From experience, I can tell you that everything is NOT going to be okay. " Amy said to Ray telepathically as Ray rolled his eyes.

" I'll be right back; you stay here. " The doctor mumbled as he walked out of the room.

BZZT!

A golden flash appeared in the center of the room, blinding Ray as he shielded his eyes with his arms. Ray was flung off of his feet and sent flying into the wall. The light slowly disappeared as Amy stood in the middle of the room, wearing an updated version of her outfit. A long sleeve golden shirt with black streaks of energy running down the center and the sides. She wore a black veil and a sparkling jet-black cloak. She had long golden pants, and she still wore her brown boots and brown gloves. In her hands, she held a long wooden staff with magical energy above its tip.

" Way to make an entrance..." Ray groaned.

" Sorry, I had to stop and make some changes to my outfit. I am feeling a bad omen. " Amy mumbled, tapping her chin.

" A bad omen? " 

" Yeah, I tried checking in with Sapphire, but no one is at the Vertex, and no one is answering the communicators. So I think it has something to do with that terrorist attack on that city block yesterday. Apparently, an explosion happened, and in an instant, the block was just gone." She replied as the floor slightly shook, " Whoa... did you feel that?"

Before Ray could even respond, the floor shook again. The objects in the rooms swayed side to side; Nichole's slow breathing only added to the mysterious atmosphere. Ray ran towards the windows and looked outside frantically. A purple blur shot into the air and flew past the windows. The aura acted like a hammer as it smashed through the glass! Ray felt his heart leap out of his chest, as he fell on his butt. Segue floated outside the giant hole he created, a sinister smile plastered on his face. His aura seemed to creep into the room and reach after Ray's feet as if it had a villainous mind of its own. Segue's eyes glowed a bright violet as he slowly flew into the room. Amy's arms were suddenly covered in vibrant golden colours as Ray jumped to his feet.

" Hello. " 

" Bye. " Amy muttered, rushing forward before Ray put out his hand to stop her, " What? "

" Chill, we can't just go around punching every random person with powers.  You have to approach this like a professional. " Ray muttered as he turned to Segue, " W-what d-do you want? "

" I'm here to make an announcement. " Segue replied, " The Tournament of Champions is going to take place in the next three months. "

" Whoa, sounds awesome. Make sure to videotape it for us. " Ray joked, walking backward.