Who Are You?!

----------------------------

Ocean City...4 a.m.

" This is the spot. " Jade turned to Ryan had his eyes closed, dark marks under them, " Ryan? "

" I'm up..." Ryan growled.

" You got some rest, right? "

" As much as I can get with your awful driving. "

" Ha. " Jade chuckled and looked at the house," It looked prettier in the advertisement. "

" Yuck, even the grass doesn't wanna be associated with this house. " Ryan stared at the brown, dry blades of grass. 

" Well...we better get used to it. " Jade grumbled getting outside and opening the trunk.

" You do know...I can carry all of our bags. " Ryan turned the corner, carrying the two suitcases with little to no effort, " Uh, you got the keys? "

" Yeah..." Jade yawned, slowly walking to the door and putting in the key.

She turned the key, and the door clicked as the wind slowly pushed it open. They looked at the rundown floorboards and the wooden walls. Cobwebs under the kitchen table and in the corners of the roof, the red paint on the walls fading away, and the cold breeze that passed through the halls ran chills down their spines. Jade winced lazily, looking at the holes in the walls made from termites, making the walls feel even more hollow.

" They weren't lying when they said they bought the cheapest house on the block..." Jade muttered, walking inside and finding a bedroom, " Ugh, I'm exhausted. "

" Tell me about it..." Ryan grumbled, dusting the mattress.

" Let's just...make the best of it. " Jade yawned as Ryan put the sheets on the bed in swift timing, " I'm never gonna get used to that..."

" To what? " Ryan asked as he put on a vest and flung off his pants, leaving him standing in his grey boxers.

" The superpowers..." Jade slowly started dozing off, " Talk to you whenever I wake up..."

" Same. " Ryan flung himself on the bed.

" Uh...Ryan.." Jade said as her eyes started to close, "...you're actually not that bad. "

Ryan didn't reply. Jade looked up, seeing her step-brother had already fallen into a deep slumber. She smirked and rested her head on the pillow before going to sleep as well.

----------------------------

Ocean City, 12:45 p.m.

 TAP!

Ryan jumped from his sleep and woke up to the sound of something hitting the window. Wiping the drool from his mouth, he groaned and got out of bed. He could feel the sun beating on his face as Ryan shielded his eyes. Looking at the window, he saw a brown stick hitting the glass pane over and over again.

" Now, who wants to come and upset me on this fine morning? " Ryan grumbled as he stomped towards the window and grabbed it.

Termites crawled from underneath the window and onto his arms as he let out a squeal before knocking them off. Already pissed off, Ryan just wanted to go back into his bed and be done with the rest of the day entirely. Instead, he opened the window and poked his head outside. There was no one there. 

" Strange. " Vaxis muttered as Ryan slammed the window shut and sat back on his bed.

TAP! TAP! TAP!

" You have got to be kidding me. " Ryan whisper-shouted, jumping out of bed and opening the window again, " Hey, whoever's-"

There was no one there. Ryan sucked his teeth and pushed out his bottom lip. He walked towards his suitcase and threw out some fresh clothes. He grabbed a shirt from his suitcase, and upon viewing it, he let out a heavy sigh. On the shirt was a group picture of Project Renegade and Sapphire in the back. Bright smiles, bright colors, and happy memories are all captured in the high-resolution photo. Ryan closed his eyes and shoved it back in the suitcase before grabbing a plain white shirt and some cargo shorts.