Intruder

--------------------------

Sky City

Ruby sighed as her short red hair blew in the wind. There she stood, on top of a skyscraper, opposite the most significant news broadcasting station in the region, S.C.N., Sky City Network. She carefully analyzed the building in front of her, using these special high-tech goggles. Seeing everything through a lime green tint, Ruby tapped the side of the goggles. Instantly, her glasses began a process, allowing her to use its infrared feature to see all the heat signatures of the people inside. She let out a chuckle, zooming in on who she logically deduced to be the guards. " Only twenty? Lightwork at its finest. " She thought as she ran her tongue across her lips covered in crimson lipstick.

She tapped the side of the googles again, turning off the infrared vision as she reached into the back pocket of her all-black leather jumpsuit. Pulling out a small silver bracelet, Ruby slowly wrapped it across her left wrist. Cracking her fingers, Ruby smirked and slowly felt a rush of adrenaline creep up inside her. She reached into her right pocket and pulled out a small black earpiece. Placing it in her ear, she could already hear the devious chuckle of her partner on the other end of the line. Robin Thorne.

" Is everything ready to go? " Robin asked, sitting in a dark room, the only light source being the computer screen she watched Ruby on.

" Yes, the mayor is still on the air doing her interview. Everything is in place. " 

" Go and have fun now love, I'll be waiting for my cue. " Robin whispered, the dim blue light from the screen flickering on her face.

Ruby smiled before closing her eyes and inhaling a long deep breath. Then, exhaling sharply, Ruby opened her eyes and raised her left arm, and aimed it at the top of S.C.N. The silver bracelet vibrated and hummed, shooting out a thin wire with a metal spearhead on its end. It shot into the side of the building, sticking in the concrete wall. Ruby took a few steps back before she made a full-on sprint to the edge of her building. Leaping high into the air over the numerous taxis and people below, Ruby swung across. Ruby yanked her left arm backward, and her body jerked and flew high. As she approached the incoming glass windows of the news station, her fingertips glowed with dark mystical energy.

Putting out her palm before she slammed into the glass, a dark blue portal appeared on the window. She flew straight through her portal and landed on the dark brown carpet inside, her heels rubbing through the fabric as she fell with a smooth split. The portal shut behind her as Ruby shook her hand, making the bracelet vibrate again. This time portions of it opened, dropping out three marble-sized silver balls. As soon as Ruby clenched her fist, the devices seemed to fuse into the ground. Then, with a surge of electricity, all electronic equipment in the building was suddenly shut down.

Meanwhile, the mayor sat in a dark brown leather chair before an entire camera crew. The sudden power outage made everyone in the room jump and began to question what could be the cause of it. The security guards around the mayor instantly started to surround her, making a large circle around her. She took a deep breath and ran her fingers through her soft, dark brown mohawk haircut. She pursed her lips and tapped her fingernails on the sides of the chair impatiently. " It honestly isn't that serious. It's just a power outage. " She thought as she looked at all ten of her bodyguards surrounding her.

Back with Ruby, she sneaked through the dimly lit hallways of S.C.N., using things such as plants and printers as objects of cover. She continued to creep through the halls until she reached a big metal door leading to the stairway. Ruby smirked and put the portal on the floor above her before jumping straight up and going through it. She quietly landed on the next level, a devious grin plastered on her face. Suddenly, she saw a bright light aimed in her direction. A group of four security guards stood behind the main one who was holding the torch as they all looked at Ruby in shock. Ruby slowly got up and stood up straight as the guards remained silent.