Chapter 5

Resurrection Z

A/N: Two names at once means they are both talking

Example: S/10K

that means they are saying the same thing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had stopped in Hannibal, Missouri for Murphy to have another bathroom break. This is our third one in the past 2 hours. That guy seriously need to control his bladder.

Ma "No Zs in sight"

Doc "Anybody else worried about Mr. Sunshine out there?"

G "I know he's looking worse"

W "Yeah, he was pretty creepy to start with"

A "Come on, guys. Give him a break. It's the apocalypse. None of us look our best. It's like one long bad hair day'

Ma "Speaking of hair, what's with all the bald patches?"

C "Maybe that vaccine is like zombie chemo"

10K "Or maybe that vaccine isn't working"

S "If it does work, and it is like chemo I ain't taking it. My hair is the only thing I have left pre-Z and I'm not giving it up" All the guys give me weird looks, while the girls agree.

A "Can't argue with that"

Murphy turns his head and stares at us for a second; we all stare back.

G "What do you think, Doc?"

Doc "I've seen Zs look better than him"

G "Will he make it to California?"

Doc "If we haul ass"

G "If we goes zombie, we might have to put him down"

W "Dibs on piking him"

G "If he turns, piking him's the least of our problems"

Murphy finally finishes and turns around.

M "What?"

G "Pit stop's over. Lets get moving"

M "I have a ginormous bladder. Sue me"

We all load into the truck

Doc "Man, I sure could use some of them Kansas City Barbecue ribs about now"

M "How bout you, darlin'. You're a big rib eater, aren't you?" When I hear Murphy say that I have to bite my lip so I don't laugh. Murphy is a jackass, but he is funny.

C "You know I was almost starting to feel sorry for you."

We start down the road again and pass a Z holding a dead guy's head. I'm about to take aim and kill the Z but 10K beat me to it, first shooting the disembodied head before the Z.

"One thousand five hundred and fifty four" I look at him impressed. Not by the number but by the fact that he remembers it. If i tried to do that I would forget my kill count in 5 seconds.

We drove for a few more miles before coming to a heavily fortified base. It has two signs out front. the first one reading 'PROVINCE TOWN. WEAPON FREE ZONE'. The second one says 'PREPARE TO SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS BEFORE ENTRY'