Chapter 8 Part 1

Going Nuclear

A/N: Sorry if there is a long blank space at the end of the chapters, I write this on my laptop and it adds extra spacing while I'm writing. When I finish writing season one I will go back and edit all the chapters. If you notice any mistakes please tell me in the comments so that I can fix them.

Thank you for all your support and comments!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had to ditch the truck to get away from the horde and now we were following Warren as she read the map. We were supposed to be near a town but so far all I've seen are woods. 10K and I would steal glances at each other as we walked and even fell behind a little to hold hands. Now we were walking side by side, stealing glances, and listening to Murphy's complaining.

M "Is this entire state uphill? Where are we anyway?"

W "According to this map, we're in the Black Hills of South Dakota"

C "I miss the truck"

W "At least we're out of that damn horde"

10K "There's nothing to kill out here"

W "That's fine by me"

Doc "We need to find a place to make camp soon. My dogs is getting tired"

W "Well there's supposed to be a little town nearby called Edgemont. I'll take a compass reading at this next ridge up here"

Doc "Can't we just take a break?"

W "A quick one"

C "Oh my God. Look" We all turned and looked to see Mt. Rushmore covered in red spray paint. Whoever did it made it look like there was blood dripping down the presidents faces, and Lincoln was bleeding above his eye brow. There was also a no Zs sign between George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. I was to amazed at the amount of skill you would need to something like that to be mad at whoever did it.

 I was to amazed at the amount of skill you would need to something like that to be mad at whoever did it

Doc "Some daredevil with a sick sense of humor"

10K "Is that Mount Rushmore?"

M "This is why we can't have nice things"

Doc "Probably the same jackass that tagged the Liberty Bell" When Doc mentioned the Liberty Bell horrible memories of the Cannibals came back. If it wasn't for 10K's voice snapping me out of it, I probably would have had a mental breakdown right here.

10K "I think it's awesome" Everyone looked at 10K and doc and I lightly hit him in the arm with a smile on my face. He just rolled his eyes.