Chapter 9 Part 2

500 READS OMG Thank you so much!!!! If it wasn't for you guys probably would have ended this book a long time ago! Thank you for giving me the encouragement I needed to continue working! I love you guys to the moon and back!

Here's a short chapter for you guys, I hope you enjoy!

A/N :Top picture is Daisy

We followed Sam's direction to what looked like the entrance to a canyon

We followed Sam's direction to what looked like the entrance to a canyon. There was a tall metal gate blocking us from going any further "Anybody home?" Doc asked no one in particular "Doesn't look like it" Mack responded. Warren stopped the van in front of the gate "Mack, you want to check it out?" Warren suggested "Yeah" Mack jumped out of the back of the van and started walking towards the gate, gun in hand. Before Mack could even pass the van a voice stopped him "Get back in the truck!" The voice demanded. We all looked up at the canyon walls to see women standing on them pointing guns at us "You're not welcome here!"

"Hold on. Hold on. It's okay. We're friendly" Mack put his gun in his back pocket and put his hands in the air. One of the women on top of the wall shot at Mack's feet "Stop! Stop! It's fine!" I Addy opened the van door ready to help Mack "Just listen to me for a second! We have-" Mack was once again cut off by the gun fire and jumped in the van so he wouldn't get shot " I thought you said they were friendly, Sam" he asked sarcastically. Warren jumped out of the van with her hands in the air  "Stop! Don't shoot! Please! We have your boy! We have Sam!" Sam, Addy, Doc, Cassandra, and I followed Warren out of the van. Doc and I helping Cassandra. One of the women shouted first to the other women on the rock walls "Hold your fire!" then to the people inside "Open the gate" 

The metal gates opened to revel 4 more women. 3 of them had rifles while the one in front didn't. The leader of the group was a plump women with graying hair and a hard face. Sam ran up to the women and began explaining the situation "Ms. Helen, it's okay. They just need food. They're nice" Helen put a hand on Sam's arm but talked in a voice that said she wasn't happy to see him "It's good to see you, Sam. Why don't you go inside and find your mother? I'm sure she's anxious to see you" After Sam ran back inside Helen turned to Warren "Thank you for bringing him back. Sometimes our kids get cabin fever and decide to go exploring" Helen gave Cassandra a once over her eyes lingering on her infected leg "What's wrong with you?" "It's infected" Cassandra answered "Oh, that could be dangerous" acknowledged Helen. "Yeah, it could" Doc agreed. "We can help you. You've arrived at the Sisters of Mercy" Helen announced proudly. Before she could continue Murphy stuck his head out of the van "Anytime now!" He called annoyed. "You don't have to stay!" Helen responded offended.

W "Yes, he does. We're a team"

Helen "You are?"

W "Yes"

Helen "Well, team or not, if you want to stay here, you'll have to split up. Women and children only here. You can go inside with your friend. But your men will have to stay outside the wall. We'll give you 24 hours. You can rest, get some food, and then you'll leave us" Warren looked at us wondering if we were ok with it and we all nodded. We needed the food and Cassandra needed the help. Doc let Addy take the side of Cassandra that he was holding while I stayed where I was.