Chapter 6

Welcome to Fu-bar

A/N: The picture on top is Corbin.

I used Bellamy Blake from The 100 to play as Corbin. If you haven't seen The 100 I highly recommend. It is an amazing show with a great story line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since leaving Garnett we have stopped only twice, and that was to get more gas and another vehicle. We found a small dirt-bike and I volunteered to ride it. 10K rode with me on the back. I'll admit having him behind me holding on to my waist made me blush. We rode on the bike for almost 2 hours before we had to stop for gas. Mack and Addy traded me on the bike and were riding ahead. I was almost disappointed when we switched, 10K now sat across from me in the truck when we entered Kansas. A loud pop was heard from the truck.

Shit did we pop a tire?

The truck came to a slow stop and we all jumped out. When Doc opened the hood it was smoking. Mack and Addy circled back to us. "Radiator?" Mack asked Doc as 10K crawled under the truck. "Yea"

Ma "Fixable?"

Doc "Don't know"

M "Gee if we only had a mechanic" Murphy mumbled referring to a grieving Warren.

Doc "Let her deal man. She's got that post-traumatic stress"

M "She's got post-traumatic stress? The whole world's got post-traumatic stress. Actually there isn't anything post about it. We all got plain ol' present tense, all traumatic, all stress all the time. What makes her so special" I glare at Murphy as he walks towards Warren.

Ma "All right, Addy and I will scout ahead. See if we can get some help"

A "We will?"

Ma "yeah"

Doc "yeah, I don't know guys. I think we should stick together"

Ma "No Doc it will be fine. We're just going to scout ahead and circle back and find you. Come on, Addy" they get on the bike and we watch as they ride away.

10K "I found the leak in the radiator hose. Taped It up a little bit, but we're not going anywhere unless we get some water in there" I offered 10K my hand and helped me up off the ground. He gave me a smile and I returned it. When was the last time I actually smiled? When was the last time I laughed?

We all sacrificed the last of our water and Doc dumped it in 

M "I get thirsty"

Doc "We all get thirsty"

10K "I'll drive"

Doc "Knock yourself out kid"

We all get in the truck 10K in the driver's seat, Me next to him and Doc next to me. In the back was Warren and Cassandra with Murphy in between them. 10K starts the truck and pushes on the gas before slamming on the brakes. We all lean forward and my head gets slammed into the dashboard. "Fuck!" I curse holding my head, I knew it was going to bruise. He looked at me apologetically "Sorry" he mumble guilty "it's fine" I tell. I send him a weak smile showing him that I was fine.