Chapter 30

Kally's P.O.V

Chad and I left the store to head to the venue that was holding Lauren's eighteenth birthday party. Sure she seemed like a shy girl but from what I heard from Chad she's been thinking about this party for a long time. I hadn't even got a chance to go home to change, even worse I haven't even talked to Dylan all day.

He parked my car as he climbed out. I did the same but saw he was walking ahead. When he noticed I wasn't walking with him his brows furrowed, "What's up?" He asked holding bags we'd just got from party City.

"I just have to make a quick call, I'll be inside in a minute," I faked a smile. He sighed under his nose nodding his head. After that, he turned back around walking inside.

I turned to look at my phone pulling up Dylan's phone number. My thumb hovered over the call button, my heart sunk to my stomach looking at the picture of the two of us. I felt tears forming in my eyes but I knew I had to pull it together. Finally, my thumb hit the call button and I brought the phone to my ear.

I started chewing on my nail. I kept walking back and forth frightened he wouldn't answer me. Or so I was wrong.

"Dylan..." Came out my mouth like word vomit.

He didn't say anything. I could hear him breathing on the other end.

"Hi Kal, sorry I was just watching TV I had to turn the volume down. How was your day?" He asked with an animated tone.

"Oh, that's fine. My day actually took a turn," I giggled hoping that would lighten whatever he would have to say next, "I'm preparing a party for Lauren. My student remember? It's her birthday today."

"Oh, great tell her I wish her a happy birthday."

This had to be an act, "Okay... I will. I also wanted to tell you I went to the store with Chad to pick up a few things for her party. I wanted you to hear from me since I have a tendency of not telling you things because I feel you might take it out of proportion." I finished pacing back and forth more than ever twirling my hair around my finger.

Dylan stayed silent, which was expected. He always needed time to think before he started speaking, "That's okay Kally. Have fun at the party. I love you, remember no matter what..."

I stopped moving. My face fell as my lips parted, "Yeah I love you too. Bye," I hung up before he heard me weeping in tears. I brought my hands to my face as they were soaked from my uncontrollable tears that were flowing down my cheeks. No matter how good an actor he was I can see right through him even if I wasn't with him. I sat on the ground bringing my knees to my face.

Moments later I felt a hand on my back causing me to jump. I turned to see Chad, I wiped the last few tears away standing up.

"What happened?" He asked with his hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing, let's just go inside." I started wiping away my tears.

I walked away from him walking inside, I honestly didn't care if it'd look like I was crying. No one was at this party for me. It was for an eighteenth-year-old girl. When I entered I saw the birthday girl herself. I wiped at my eyes breathing in and out. She caught my eye then squealed, "Ms. Bakers' you actually came!" She shouted jumping up and down in front of me.

I let out a fake laugh, "Yes, I did. You look gorgeous hon. Happy birthday, the party looks lovely." I pointed around to the purple balloons and streamers.

She twirled around in her purple dress, "Yup! Thank you, I have to go say hi to my classmates now." She waved goodbye before storming off to her class friends.

My arms crossed over my chest when I looked down. I didn't belong here, to be honest, why was I even here? I was brought away from my train of thought when Chad walked over to me with worry in his eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He stood next to me with his hands in his pockets looking forward to the kids dancing to the music.

"No."

He smiled, "You're a stubborn one aren't you?"

I looked up at him anger in my eyes, "Fuck you." I mumbled to him walking off to another room, any other room where he wasn't in. Quickly I found the girls' bathroom so I stormed off there closing and locking the door behind me. I slid down the door tears coming back to haunt me. He doesn't understand how much pain he's caused Dylan, not only him but me too. Dylan must feel sick to his stomach knowing I'm at a party with Chad. A part of me thought I was just overthinking, then the other part of me knew none of this was okay. Especially on Dylan's part.

"Kally please come get out of there. Let me talk to you. I can hear you crying, I hate seeing you upset," he acknowledged at the other end of the door.

Maybe I shouldn't have said those two harsh words to him, I wiped away my tears before standing up. Turning the lock I opened the door slowly. His eyes showed sorrow, as his hands were trying to reach out for me. Without my permission, he grabbed my hands bringing us to another room.

"Chad-"

"Look, I just have to say this..." He started before continuing. "If there is any tiny bit of you that feels something for me," he paused putting his hand on my waist. I was too lost to react to it, "I want to know... Because I'm crazy about you. I know Dylan hates my guts but it's not my fault I fell hard for you. Let's face it, you're such an amazing person. Coming to one of your students' parties who you'd only known for about a month and a half? That shows you care so much." He moves me closer to him, my heart was beating faster at his touch. I felt so guilty at my heart saying one thing and my mind saying another.

"So, I'm going to ask you again... Do you have any feelings for me?" He asked looking me in the eye.

"I-" I gasp, "I can't do this anymore-" I get out of his reach racing out of the room he'd trapped us together in. I run outside to my car fishing for my keys from my purse. Without looking back I jump in my car turning my keys in the ignition racing away from the party. I felt bad for Lauren though, she was very happy to see me. None of that matters right now, all that was on my mind right now were Chad's last words to me. They kept repeating in my head. I tried to fight it but couldn't any longer. I did have feelings for Chad Laker and I was in deep deep shit.

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!!!