Chapter 52

Dylan's P.O.V

-One week later-

I wore a black dress shirt along with dark blue dress pants. Next, I slipped on my brown dress shoes then walked to the mirror to fix my hair. Things have been good between Kally and me . We thought about taking things slow which I loved that idea very much. Today we're going on a date and I've got it all planned. I already set it up on a beach with candle lights and a dinner of chicken cutlet with spaghetti.

I learned how to make chicken cutlets from my mom, she makes the best cutlets. I took one more glance at the mirror. After, I picked up my phone stuffing it in my pocket. Next, I went downstairs to grab a coat. It can be a bit breezy on a beach with the waves and the wind. It was six o'clock in the afternoon, I hoped Kally was ready. I'm picking her up then her and I will be on our way to our date.

It's like we've met for the first time again. And I liked that a lot, the problems we had in the past faded away. None of that mattered because we are moving forward with our lives and never looking back. Kally has a tendency to still apologize for everything but I just kept telling her to leave it in the past that it's going to be okay.

I parked outside of her house wondering if I should just stay in here or go up to her doorstep. Maybe I should go up to her door, it'd be rude otherwise right? I got out of my car closing the door behind me. I take in a deep breath wondering how she'll look. All I know is she's going to take my breath away. This night was going to be perfect.

I ran her doorbell then taking a step back clearing my throat. Her little window in her door was a little hard to make out inside her house but I still peered through it. I wondered if she was still getting ready. Not wanting to startle her by her seeing a guy staring through her tiny window I move backward.

Several minutes later Kally opens the door taking my breath away. She was wearing a short dress in dark blue, she had on beige lace-up heels. Which she'll probably have to take off because of our date but it'll be okay. Kally grabs a shawl and wraps it around her elbows bringing it around her arms. She doesn't know where we're going but she'll find out soon.

"Kally, you look..." I pause admiring her from head to toe. "Beautiful." I finish with a smile showing my white teeth. She follows with me showing me her pearly white smile.

"Thank you, Dylan. You look very handsome." She tells me looking me up and down. I blush at her statement. At the same time, she locked her door behind her. "Shall we go ahead?" She asked clinging onto her purse.

"Of course, this way Ms. Bakers." I gesture to the car. Kally walks off with me strolling behind her. I walk in front of her opening the car door for her. She grins stepping into the car. I close the door for her then breath out, I was so nervous. I wonder what her reaction would be to our date.

------

I pull up to the beach. There is no one in sight which I bought the beach to have privacy for one day. Thankfully everyone got the memo otherwise we'd most likely get sand in our food. Kally climbs out of the car closing the door. Her face drops when she sees what I did for her. For us. Her eyebrows raised slightly her mouth parted. I can tell she was astonished about the whole thing.

"You did all of this?" She asked her eyes in awe her hand over her heart.

I nod, "Of course I did. Come on." I observed holding out my hand for hers. Kally took it and we walked onto the beach. The waves crashed quietly with a little soothing noise, the wind blew cool air. It was just the right time for our date as the air wasn't too cold or too hot, it was just right.

Kally stood by her chair and sat. I pushed it in for her leaning down to kiss her cheek. Kally blushed hard then looked in my eyes when I sat across from her. Her eyes sparkled in the sunset. It was a beautiful night.

"Okay, let's eat," I tell her together we take off the trays protecting the food. She smiles at the dish as it was a dish we've had together plenty of times. Kally digs in as do I.

"Mmm, I missed your cooking." She says with a mouth full. Even she can make that cute.

"Yeah. I haven't cooked like this in a while. I'm glad you're enjoying it." I acknowledged eating a piece of chicken. She starts to look around chewing on her food.

"I noticed there's no one around did you-"

"Yup bought the whole beach. I didn't want anyone to interrupt our date." I stated with a smile. She raised her eyebrows as her forehead wrinkled.

"Wow, I can't believe you did that- all of this. It's beautiful Dylan, I love it." Kally reached over her hand bringing mine to hers. "I'm glad we're working things out. I'm sorry abou-"

"Kally stop. I'm over that we're moving forward which is why I want to ask you something." I tell her holding her hand but moving her up out of her seat. She's confused but comes next to me. I start to walk her and me to the ocean watching the sun go down as we are hand in hand.

"What is it?" She questioned putting her hair behind her ears.

I take a deep breath. I was so nervous to ask her this but I knew I wanted nothing but that. I missed Kally so much I couldn't wait to call her mine again. I turn my body to stand in front of her. I smile down at her.

"Kally Bakers, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked her touching her cheek.

Kally grins her face turning red as she looked up at me. Slowly she nodded her head. "Yes, I'd love nothing more." I push her hair out of her face as the wind blew past us. I lean down and lightly brush my lips against hers. We haven't kissed in so long I dangerously craved it. Her lips were soft and sweet with her pink lipstick. Kally's arms are around my shoulder as I travel mine down to her hips. We stood on this beach kissing as we have just met for the first time. And it feels we've had and I'm totally okay with that.

I break the kiss our breaths filling the cool air. "Wow," she mumbled under her breath.

"Yeah," I laugh short-breathed. "I missed that." Before she can say anything I kiss her once more than bring her into my chest as I held her close. She rubbed my back with her hands as we watched the waves and sun finally fade away. This night turned out just as I hoped it would.

"This was the best date ever." She muttered.

I looked down at her placing a kiss on her head, "yes it was Kal, thank you for making it so special."

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!!!