Chapter 1

It was a dog-gone happy life for step-siblings Dylan and Dolly Dalmatian, who had just recently moved from London back to America to be with their new owner, or pet as they'd say, Kali Harpercop.

The two dalmatian siblings were staying with their best human friend for awhile to have more adventures with her. Plus, get a break from their huge, busy family of 97 younger brothers and sisters and their parents, dad Doug and mom Delilah. 

It had also been mentioned that the Harpercop family had been adopting dalmatians from Pongo and Perdita's family since the very beginning, down from generation to generation. Dylan, Dolly and the rest of their family were even direct descendants of Pongo and Perdita, from Delilah's side. 

The two teen dalmatian siblings had been living with the Harpercops in a pretty little house, in a nice neighborhood. Which had nice neighborhood dogs too that Dylan and Dolly were all friends with. 

One family, the Bakers, had moved into the neighborhood only a few months ago, but weren't planning on staying much longer due to Mr and Mrs Baker's love of renovation and reselling houses. 

Twelve-year-old Owen Baker, who was a friend of Kali's, was the only kid in the neighborhood without a dog. But had always wanted one so he wouldn't be as lonely since he didn't have any friends, except for Kali and another neighborhood girl, Connie Flemming. 

To prove to his parents he was ready for a dog of his own, Owen had been walking the neighborhood dogs including Dylan and Dolly for exactly three months now. 

Dylan and Dolly really liked Owen and believed, along with Kali, no one deserved a dog more than him. 

The Harpercop family's morning started off like any other morning, as they were all downstairs in the kitchen eating breakfast. 

Dylan and Dolly soon came downstairs from Kali's room after waking up. Dolly obviously had to slide down the banister, being the wild and adventurous of the two while calling out her catchphrase. "Bow Whacka Wow!"

"Seriously, Dolly?" Dylan asked, looking a tad bit annoyed with his stepsister. 

"Who says you can't make an entrance, Dylan?" Dolly smirked to her stepbrother. 

The two siblings then came into the kitchen where the humans were. 

"Morning, you two" Jane greeted the dalmatians first, while she was attending to the dishes. 

"Hello, everyone" Dylan greeted the human family. 

"Morning" Kali came to her dogs with their leashes. "Are you guys ready for your walk with Owen today?"

"Bow Whacka Wow, you know it!" Dolly wagged her tail eagerly. "We love Owen!"  

"He's really good" Dylan explained how much he loved Owen walking him. "He always knows where to take me to my favorite patchy spot of grass"

Everyone then heard a knock on the door and Kali went to answer it. It was Owen. 

"Morning, Kali" Owen greeted her. 

"Hey, Owen" Kali waved back to him. 

"Are Dylan and Dolly ready?" he asked her. 

Dylan and Dolly both then came rushing to the door with their leashes in their mouths and barked to Owen, eagerly ready for him to take them on a walk. 

Kali would be going with them this time to help out Owen, since it was a lot of work and tricky walking six dogs at once. 

Owen already had the other neighborhood dogs with him, who Dylan and Dolly were all friends with. They included the pampered poodle Barbra-Ann, who was owned by a wealthy woman Ms Ryan. A rambunctious boxer named Wilson. A nervous, tiny Italian greyhound Nelly, who was owned by a kind old man Mr Leone. And Connie's Bernese mountain dog, Shep.

They soon went out. The two kids talked a bit while walking the dogs down the neighborhood. 

Owen told Kali he was finally getting his very own dog today at the shelter. 

"I wish I had dog as cool as your's" Owen mentioned about Kali's dogs, after she'd told him all the cool dogs she's owned over the years. 

"Aw, no way. I'll bet your new dog will be way cooler than mine" the tomboy told him, before getting some glares from both Dylan and Dolly. 

"Hey, no offense" she told the dalmatian siblings. 

That's when Kali had mention to Owen since he moved into the neighborhood how she could talk to animals. It was sometimes hard for him to believe it, but he still trusted her. 

The kids continued walking with the dogs when they saw the dog catcher's truck drove by and honk at them a 'hello', which they both waved in return. 

The kids and dogs kept walking when they suddenly had to stop, feeling someone was behind them. They turned around to see a scruffy border terrier that looked like a stray on a stump, watching them. 

"Where did you come from?" Owen asked the strange dog curiously. 

Suddenly, the border terrier gave out this really unusual howl to the gang that had never been heard by any of them before. 

"What in the heck was that?" Kali wondered. 

This caused all the dogs to flee in alarm, including Dylan and Dolly. The scruffy stray went after them, while the two kids tried to restrain the dogs but ended up getting tangled in the leashes and falling over on the ground. 

The stray started to attack the kids, but luckily the dog catcher was close by and caught the scruffy dog. Taking him to the pound and that was that.