Chapter 2

After that scuffle, Owen went with the parents to the shelter to pick out his new dog while Kali, Dylan and Dolly had gone back home. 

"So, how was your walk?" Jane asked as they came in, while she was preparing dinner. 

"Uh..." Kali and the two dalmatian step-siblings looked to each other a bit awkwardly, not quiet sure what to say until Kali answered. "Good?"

Jane smiled to them before continuing to make dinner. The tomboy teen with the yellow bandanna and the two dalmatian siblings headed upstairs into Kali's room to settle down. 

"Well, I'll tell you one thing's for sure, guys... that was one strange dog" Dolly told her brother and human friend. 

"Yeah" Dylan agreed, then looked baffled. "Where'd he learn to howl like that?"

"I've never heard anything like it" Kali mentioned about that stray dog's unusual howling. 

"I swear, if I ever see that mongrel again, it'll be too soon" Dolly told her brother and human companion.  

Dolly had no idea how right she was, after they went to bed that night. 

The next day, Kali took Dylan and Dolly down to the park to play ball along with the twins, when they soon spotted Owen coming over and couldn't believe who they saw with him. 

"Hubble, slow down. Heel! Hubble, no!" Owen was being dragged along by that strange border terrier and over to the Harpercop siblings and their two dalmatians. 

"Hey, Owen" Kali waved once he came over with that stray border terrier. 

"Hi, guys" Owen greeted once he stopped in front of the siblings, keeping a firm grip on the border terrier's leash. 

Kali, Dylan and Dolly squinted their eyes for a second before they went wide, now recognizing this dog was the same stray dog they saw yesterday with the strange howl. 

"Oh, and who is this?" Ann asked Owen, referring to the border terrier as she kneeled down towards it.  

"His name's Hubble" Owen replied. "I just got him" 

"That's nice" Kali smiled, happy that Owen finally had his own dog now. 

"Hello, Hubble" Ann reached her arm out to pet Hubble, but he barked aggressively at her. 

"No, Hubble!" Owen told his dog, pulling him back. 

"That's alright" Brock told Owen. "We're strangers to him" 

Hubble kept barking aggressively at the group which scared Dylan, causing him to back away and hide behind his humans with his ears down and tail tucked between his legs like a coward. 

"Easy!" Owen pulled Hubble back. 

"Sorry. I've still got to train him" Owen explained to the Harpercop siblings. 

"Good luck with that" Brock told him with a tad of sarcasm. 

"He's gonna need it" Dolly whispered to her brother.  

Owen took Hubble over to a nice clear spot and was going to teach him a few tricks to see what he knew. 

Shockingly, Hubble knew every trick in the book that Owen told him to do. He even knew how to play dead, perfectly. 

All the kids jaws dropped in shock, being speechless while Dylan covered his eyes and turned away. Dolly just stood there with the same expression on her face as the kids. 

Later that night, Kali was talking to her dad, saying how smart she thought Hubble was. Maybe he was even a little too smart. 

Walter then told his daughter, everybody thinks they've got the smartest dog in the world. 

Kali, Dylan and Dolly were very suspicious of Hubble. Maybe he was not just another ordinary dog. 

"I'm telling you guys, there's something not quite right about that dog" Kali told the dalmatian siblings as she climbed into her bed.  

"Maybe, he escaped from a science lab that was doing freaky experiments on him" Dolly guessed her crazy theory. 

"Do you think he's not from around here?..." Dylan asked his owner/pet about Hubble, before clarifying his question. "...From... this... planet?..." 

Kali thought long and hard for a moment before responding to Dylan's question. "I don't know... But we're gonna figure it out"

Kali then turned off her lamp light and she and the two dalmatian siblings went to sleep. 

Later that night, Kali, Dylan and Dolly were woken up by a strange noise coming from outside and were still half asleep as they looked out the window to see a beam of light shooting up into the sky out in the distance. It looked like something out of the ordinary, like... alien activity?

Suddenly, there was a bright flash which blinded the girl and two dogs which made them sorta get knocked out and fall back asleep.