Chapter 8

Kali, Dylan and Dolly got up as usual like it was just another regular day for them. Nothing bad could happen...

Boy, were they in for a surprise.

 After Kali had gotten dressed, they came downstairs for a quick breakfast before they would meet up with the others at the park to continue their training. 

But that was until the whole family stopped what they were doing and felt the house shook as they heard a loud booming sound. 

"Whoa!" the whole Harpercop family all froze in place, looking up. 

"What was that?" the twins asked. 

"Sounded like a sonic boom" Walter said. 

"That was a sonic boom?" Kali asked her dad, confused. 

"Yeah, I guess so" Walter replied.  

"That's weird" Jane said, before she continued doing the dishes. 

Kali, Dylan and Dolly then all looked to each other. All three of them being in a bit of a worried manner, thinking this could be the day the Greater Dane arrives. 

Owen's parents were having a open house that day. Kali and her two dalmatians were about to go over and tell Owen what they heard, but were surprised when he had just arrived at their place to tell them that Hubble was missing. 

This shocked them. They quickly met up with Connie to tell her the same thing and gathered up the other dogs, taking them out to help them find Hubble. 

"I smell them! I can smell them!" Nelly exclaimed. "It's Frankie and Fred!" 

"Ooh, those punks!" Dolly growled, now putting the puzzle together that Frankie and Fred must've taken Hubble. 

"Come on, everyone! We don't have much time!" Dylan told the others as he ran up front, leading the way with his sister by his side. 

"We gotta hurry!" Kali said as she ran with the others. 

"The Greater Dane might be coming today" Owen said, worried. "We can't lose him now!"

The dogs used their noses to sniff out the thieves and soon found Hubble downtown inside a barber shop where Frankie and Fred were trying to give him a close shave. 

"There he is" Shep pointed out, spotting Hubble inside the shop first. 

"Get away from him, you punks!" The kids began banging against the windows while the dogs barked at Frankie and Fred since the door was locked. 

Hubble took that as his chance to slip away and escape out the window, quickly followed by Frankie and Fred while the kids and dogs told Hubble to run. 

Hubble zipped around the corner, soon pursued by Frankie and Fred until they suddenly stopped to see Owen, Connie and Kali with the dogs up ahead and blocking their path, looking pretty angry. 

 Kali, Owen and Connie all looked to each other and nodded, releasing the dogs while Frankie and Fred suddenly took off running. 

"If I catch your butt, I'm gonna bite it!" Wilson yelled at Frankie and Fred while he started chasing them with the others. 

"Let me at'em!" Dylan growled, for the first time he was acting quite menacing. 

"That little one is mine!" Barbra-Ann said, referring to Fred. 

The dogs continued chasing after the bully boys until they were briefly stopped at a red light. 

"Seriously?" Dolly deadpanned, looking to see that there were no cars passing by.