Chapter 6

After everyone left, Kali, Dylan and Dolly were glad that Connie was on their side now and was willing to keep the secret of Hubble coming from outer space. 

But once they got home, things turned into chaos. 

Dylan and Dolly had become so intrigued at Hubble's ability to fly that they were trying to fly themselves. But instead they were really just destroying the house in the process. 

"Dylan, get back here!" Walter and the twins chased him throughout the house. 

"Dolly, no!" Kali yelled as she and her mom watched Dolly climb on top of the fridge and prepared to jump, aiming for the couch. 

"Bow Whacka Wow!" the crazy dalmatian leapt off the fridge, trying to fly. But she missed the couch and ended up breaking the lamp as she crashed to the floor. 

"Kali, what's the matter with your dogs?" Brock asked his big sister. 

"Yeah, they're acting weird" Ann added. 

But it wasn't just Dylan and Dolly. All the other neighborhood dogs had tried to fly like Hubble too, which was baffling their owners. Dolly even tried to take Kali's crystal so she could just use magic to fly, but the adventure girl was not letting the sneaky dalmatian anywhere near it. 

Jane had told Kali to take the dogs out of the house before they could wreck anything else. So, the teenage girl took her two dalmatians over to Owen's house to hang out. 

The three of them came out back to the garage were they found Owen still working on the Woofer, and Hubble still trying to learn how to catch that irritating bouncy ball. 

"Stupid thing" Hubble groaned as the ball kept getting away from him. 

"I got it!" Dylan said as he rushed over and grabbed the ball in his mouth. 

Dylan and Dolly started helping Hubble out to catch the ball while Kali came over to Owen who was sitting down at the work table trying to fix Hubble's Woofer. 

"How's it going?" the tomboy asked, checking his progress. 

"Oh, it's... slow" Owen replied a bit sheepishly. 

Just then, the Woofer started acting strange and some lights flashed on it. Suddenly, the kids looked shocked once they heard a voice, as it looked like they finally got the communicator working. 

"What's going on?" Dylan saw the communication and came over with his sister curiously. 

"3942... 3942..." the voice said, while the kids and dogs gathered curiously around the space communicator. 

"Don't touch" Hubble told them as he came up. "Must be some sort of code"

"Aren't you 3942?" Kali raised her eyebrow at the space dog. 

"Oh, 3942!" Hubble realized and began speaking into the Woofer. "I'm here! This is 3942"

"3942. please respond" the voice said again. 

"I am responding" Hubble replied. "I'm responding!"

"I don't think they can hear you" Owen said to Hubble.

"Visitation confirmed, Arrival of the Greater Dane" the voice said. 

"Oh, no..." Hubble gasped, while the human kids looked quite surprised. 

"Arrival?!" Dylan and Dolly's eyes widened in surprise and shock. 

"Repeat. Greater Dane arriving" the voice said again.